| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  I just joined a band!
Colin Mclean

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2007 7:22 pm    

I just joined up with two guys here in my area, a bass player and another guitar player. We'll be playing some Neil Young/Wilco/Stones type stuff. I'm stoked! We just need a drummer...

I actually jammed with these same two fellows about a year ago. They were good and we pretty much clicked, but I was in the process of starting up a business then and I really didn't have time to be in a band. Now that's on the back burner, so I answered a craigslist ad that pretty much resembled the description above, and lo and behold it was the same guys.

I brought the Carter-Starter and my '57 RI strat. Most of the time was spent learning the other guy's songs. They're pretty good! (which works out well 'cause I almost never write anything anymore). Even though I've only been playing steel for a couple of months, I think I can pull it off, and they seemed to think so too.

I'm really excited to get back with a band and play some gigs in the near future. It's been almost 6 years since I was last in a band, way too long! I have a good feeling about this one, too...
Larry Strawn

Golden Valley, Arizona, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2007 8:09 pm    

Colin,

That's great! Now the fun, and the learning really begins. Very Happy Enjoy and have fun! Very Happy

Larry
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2007 8:18 pm    

That's great Colin,seems like a lot of fun,right now I play in a band that plays NOTHING but classic country,but over the years have played in rock bands[Stone covers etc]And I really ENJOY playing in Southern rock and blues bands,in the appropriate places single string steel solos with a good distortion pedal IMO sounds great in rock bands,just as good if not better than a sixstring slide player,don't you know.