| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  NM: Can't use pedals
Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2007 5:35 pm    

As many of you know, I normally play the D10 8/5 as seen here in my picture. Next week,Oct 11,12,13, I'll be playing with Floyd Domino and his all stars at the Cowboy Symposium in Ruidoso,NM. The only thing is, they want no pedals or digital stuff. So I'll be standing up and playing a borrowed Fender T8 stringmaster through an amp with only spring reverb. I feel like I've gone full circle. This should really be a fun job. Gonna feel kinda necked without my pedals.
Buck Reid

Nashville,TN
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2007 5:56 pm    

Go get em' Roger ... there's nothing like getting back to the basics!
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2007 5:58 pm    

Hi Roger, Sounds like you are pedaling backwards. That ought to be a fun gig, Have a good one and come to see us. Jody.
Lonnie Portwood

Jacksonville, fl. USA
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2007 6:35 pm    

You go get em Roger! As well as you played and read everything that was going on in the Fulawka room in St. Louis, you won't have any trouble handling the job. It was a great pleasure pickin with you. Lonnie P.

Republic, MO 65738
Post  Posted 4 Oct 2007 8:18 pm    

Hey Roger, you might enjoy it so much you'll want to switch to non-pedal permanently. I sometimes wish I could do that. Life would be so much simpler.
Milton C. Willmann

Spring Branch, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2007 4:19 am    

Roger,
Don't be so modest, I heard you last Saturday night on that T-8 and it was fantastic. I know you'll have fun at the Cowboy Symposium and Floyd is awesome. Tell Billy and the guys that New Braunfels loved you folks.

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2007 6:47 am    

Thanks everyone for the support. I've been trying to get ready for this for a month or two.

Lonnie,It was a blast for sure working with you in the Fulaka room. It's always fun to play with someone when they are on the same page.

Bob,I really enjoy the non pedal but,I could never give up PSG. The kick off to "Look at Us" just ain't the same.

I am amazed at how much attention the T8 has on the job. I don't know if it is because I can stand up and play which gives me more freedom to hoarse around ,or the different sound,three necks,or maybe it looks like a tele on steroids to some ?
David Wren

Placerville, California, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2007 7:01 am    

Glad they let you use electricity Smile

Seriously, I sit in with some friends that do older western tunes, and it's a blast... just as long as it involves strings and a bar Smile
Fred Shannon

Rocking "S" Ranch, Comancheria, Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2007 7:45 am    

Roger, you ain't gonna' fool us ole Phat boys that have been around you at all. You're a KILLER on a two by four with baling wire and we know it. Go gittem'. We're planning on being there.

Phred

Think about it!!