| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rittenberry
Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2007 7:35 pm    

Does anyone have a Pic of the undercarriage of a Rittenberry S-10. Im just curious to see one Question
Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2007 7:11 am    

Me too! I'm very interested.

Forest Grove, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2007 8:52 am     Rittenberry undercarriage

I will endeavor to get a picture posted of the underside of my first Rittenberry. I will try to do this after work today. I might add for those interested that I have a second Rittenberry in the works for the future. To play this guitar is to love this guitar. I appreciate your curiosity gentlemen, and I will answer your curiosity with photo's. Stay tuned!
Richard Tipple

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2007 9:46 am     Rit

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Dennis Lee

Post  Posted 4 Sep 2007 5:14 pm     Ritt Underbelly!

Dennis Lee

Post  Posted 4 Sep 2007 5:18 pm     For Richard and Steve.

Hope the pictures help somewhat. It's hard to do it justice, but I tried. Enclosed below is an email reply from Gary that lists his components. You might find this interesting.

specs...... CNC machined end plates neck and key head from solid billet aluminum .........SD--10 hard maple body ....very high gloss black formica standard thickness..... GOTOH chrome plated tuning keys with satin gear cover 14 -1 mission ratio....brass roller nuts.....polished aluminum changer fingers with stainless steel string retainer pins......triple raise triple lower nickel chrome plated changer mechinism.......split tuning in end of neck.....adjustable lower spring screws.....stainless steel lower return springs.....wallace truetone 18 .5 ohm single coil pick up multi colored fret board .............twenty four and a quarter inch scale....pedals and knee levers polish package....flocked under body and aprons......brass chrome plated pedal rods........quick change changer bell cranks...pedal crank and knee lever cranks.3/8 hex aluminum cross shafts center braced......adjustable bronze cross shaft sleeve bearings.... removable rear crosshaft and bushing access panel that aboyt sums it up.thanks dennis garyr.
Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2007 8:04 pm    

This may be a small problem today......
If there's one of these at the Dallas show, it could blossom into a bigger problem. Shocked

Thanks for the pics!

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 7:15 am    

[quote="Steve English"]This may be a small problem today......
If there's one of these at the Dallas show, it could blossom into a bigger problem. Shocked

Steve, Your statement is a little vague, could you explain the problem as you see it, and what problem will it blossom into.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Tommy R. Butler

Nashville, Tennessee
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 7:29 am    

Wow Brass bushings. Chrome changer fingers !!! Sounds Like TONE to me...
Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 8:15 am    

Quote:
Steve, Your statement is a little vague, could you explain the problem as you see it, and what problem will it blossom into.

The small problem today is: I want one, but not ready to buy yet....
I think it's going to blossom into: I'm going to like it/want it even more if I get a chance to see and play one. Very Happy

Sure seems to be a sweet guitar!

Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 9:52 am     re: The Rittenberry

My mentor here in Oregon, Mr. Larry Behm, inspected the guitar last Sunday (Sept. 2) and put his comments on an earlier topic regarding this guitar maker. He was very impressed with the construction and innovation used by Gary. You might find these comments and review them.
Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 10:29 am    

Dennis, I've read every word...twice, and looked at and saved all the pictures, both on the forum and Bobbe's site. Good Stuff!
How about posting about 27 or so pictures of your guitar? One of every concievable angle would be appreciated!
I am interested in the SD-10 model.

Rolla Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 11:33 am    

Steve, thanks for clarifying your statement. Gary Rittenbury is a very close friend of mine. His hands on approach to every steel he builds are impecable.
He builds every one by himself.If it isn't perfect to him it don't get shipped.As I stated in another post, Gary builds for the Player not the Bank. His intermediate rates with the top steels out there for less than 1800.00 dollars.If you have a problem Gary will fix it. He is as honest as anyone you will ever deal with. With that said, I hope I didn't sound rude in my statement to you about you being vague, but I will come to Gary's defense any time I need to. They don't come any better than Gary Rittenberry.
And you won't find a better Steel for the money anywhere than a Rittenberry.You better get your order in though cause he's gettin busy.
BJS Bars
Z~Legend Pro,Custom Tele
Honor our Vet's.
Now pass the gravy.
Ben Jones

Seattle, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 11:58 am    

The only steel Ive ever played (aside from a defective carter starter I returned after two weeks) has been a Rittenbury built Nashvillle LTD. I sure would like to try out a few other steels and see how they compare to the Nash LTD I own and love. Since ive not tried anything else..I am not qualified to make comparisons...but its hard to imagine where there is room for improvement on my LTD.
Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 1:28 pm    

Bill, Gary's lucky to have such a good friend. I've not heard/read anything but positive comments about his work and integrity.
I'm looking forward to learning more about his guitars. Thanks for the info!

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 2:04 pm     rit

I am wondering, Im a little confused Confused
I herd somthing about the intermediate Rittenberry steels ?
Does Gary make different models like super Rits Etc. or are they all made with the same under carriage materials as shown above.
Bobby has a Rittenberry S-10 that looke to be all pro ?
Steve English

Baja, Arizona
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 2:28 pm    

In reading the various posts, there seems to be some discrepancy on the spelling of Gary's last name.
Are we sure it's not "Rittenberrys"? Very Happy

Disclaimer: CAUTION, This is another attempt at humor...

Nashville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 6:53 pm    

Richard, Gary Rittenberry makes a great steel. His top line model uses highly polished endplates, neck, pedal rack, pedals and knee levers (yes, he polishes the pedal and knee levers. You could shave in them.), hex rods underneath with quick change fingers (loosen a set screw and remove the finger).

His intermediate line (his terminology. They'd be top-of-the-line from a lot of companies) uses hammertone powdercoating instead of polished parts (neck, endplates, etc.), round rods underneath with a flat side milled for the set screw to 'bite' into so the fingers don't slip.

Both models have the bronze bushings and tone to die for.

I have met Gary R. on two occasions. Both times, I was struck by his passion for the instrument, his obvious honesty and friendliness. While I don't know him well, he strikes me as the type of person I'd be proud to call a friend. Buy one of his steels? I plan to.
Warmoth Custom Guitar
Gibson GA-20 Amp
"We have enough youth, how about a Fountain of Smart?"
Dennis Lee

Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 7:41 pm     Pictures?

Hi Steve,
I will get some pictures of my current Rittenberry. It is teal green with the hammer-tone finish. I think you all know how impressed I am with this guitar. In fact, so impressed, that my order is in for a second with the polished aluminum appearance. I am a true-blue fan and admirer of Gary's work. Yes, I have had a couple other steels, and each one has its strengths and weaknesses. I just haven't come up with a weakness for the Rittenberry. The tone and finish sold me immediately. What else can I say. These guitars will be like hens teeth at some point. One guitar at a time, made by a true craftsman.
Jeff Evans

Cowtown and The Bill Cox Outfit
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2007 9:09 pm    

Are there audio files up somewhere, or can any of y'all post some?
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2007 5:46 pm    

I am the exclusive distributer for this guitar, the reason I have done no promotion is because we are having trouble keeping up with orders even by keeping it a secret (to a point).
I do have a short waiting list so if you need factual information I'll get it to you. If you just want rumors you are at the right place now.
I try to only handel the very finest guitars available, Jackson, Rittenberry, GFI, The better used Sho-Buds, Emmons, an occational Mullen(s), and of course, the "Rittenberry" I
I have been dealing with Gary Rittenberry for many years, regardless of what he was calling his guitars at the time : Nashville LTD, La Garrett, Rittenberry ETC. A very honorable and great person, I know very few in his league.

The very strong points of this guitar are the precision parts, price, simplicity, quality assembly, quality of materials and a great sound.

Not heavy, not trouble prone and great service from me backed up by Gary himself.

Let me know if I can help anyone with any questions.

Bobbe
Steel Guitar Nashville.
615 822 5555
Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 7 Sep 2007 5:48 pm    

If you guys want me or any Nashville players to demo this guitar on youtube or my webpage, let me know.

Bobbe
Dennis Lee

Post  Posted 7 Sep 2007 6:26 pm     A Rittenberry demo by the greatest!

Bobbe,
By all means, would you please demo the Rittenberry for me and others. I think this guitar coupled with your talent would answer all questions for all time. I wait impatiently for this addition to this thread. Thank you in advance, Bobbe!
Bobbe Seymour

Post  Posted 8 Sep 2007 7:19 am    

Talent? Gotta' be kidden'.
James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2007 3:15 am    

You can't have Bobbe doing a demo for the Rittenberry.....He can make ANY steel sound great !!.. That said, you put ME on a Rittenberry, and if it sounds good , beg, borrow , or steel , the money to buy one !!... Whoa! .........Jim