| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Memories of a teen
A. J. Schobert

Cincinnati, Ohio,
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2007 7:19 pm    

I first got into music learning to play the 6-string when I was a teen, I loved it! I would do the first intro to rock songs and then slowly melow out. Yes that was me my little 15min then sit out!I had so much fun between getting lessons, and running around with friends.

Some of the best times in my life was when I was underpaid, gotta love minimum wage!

So I pull my car up and shut it off, cold winter in Kentucky! I loved the crunch of snow under my boots.

The local honky-tonk, I loved and still love country music, only this night would be different,so I reach into my pocket to pay the cover charge "crap" I have to pay for me and this chick!

"Christy" was hot! That is not good when everyone seems to take note, (well that is another thread at the broken teen heart forum!)

Man did I love slow dancing with her, that is the heart of country and steel guitar, but that song "blue eyes crying in the rain" that night really struck a chord in me.

"Wow, this is so cool, dear Lord don't let me wake up!" I thought, hot gal and good coutry music what more could I want? Me and Christy got along great and really had some good (clean) memories,but I was taking note to the steel guitar more on this night.

"What is your problem?" she said

"I am sorry I was just enjoying the music"

"I asked you if you are ready to go now?"

"Sure that is fine" I said.

Little did I know out of the two loves that night only one would last.

Christy wasn't one of them.

That has been years ago.

The pedal steel guitar is a very important instrument in my life and how I live day-to-day. I think alot of guys can relate to this.

How often do you drive in your car thinking "I think I got this lick now?" only to find you are way off!

I am married now and love it! But I find myself back to that night sometimes when I sit behind my steel and found my first love.

So that is why my black sho-bud is named "Christy"
Ray Minich

Bradford, Pa. Frozen Tundra
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2007 6:53 am    

13 years old, 1966, Fender catalog, sunburst finish on an 8 string, imagining it sittin' in front of me...
Practice and play on the homebuilt, but someday.....

Quote:
The pedal steel guitar is a very important instrument in my life and how I live day-to-day.

There are not many people that come to a dead stop when the steel break happens on the radio... Guess I'm one of 'em.
Larry Strawn

Golden Valley, Arizona, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2007 7:01 am    

Ray Minich wrote
Quote:

There are not many people that come to a dead stop when the steel break happens on the radio... Guess I'm one of 'em.

Me too!! Oh yeah!! Very Happy Very Happy

Larry

Last edited by Larry Strawn on 13 Sep 2007 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Bent Romnes

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2007 7:02 am    

Make that two of us Ray.
I even come to a dead stop while building my steel when the Someday Soon or Misty breaks come on the radio.