| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  to Steelseat.com---from a VERY satisfied customer!!
James Morehead

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2007 8:24 am    

I want to thankyou, Thom Beeman, for such a fine product!! Your work IS art and a complete labor of love. My daughter loves this beautiful seat!!
I want to thank W.C. Edgar for selling his company to Mr. Thom Beeman---THE perfect choice!!

If you have not had a chance to meet Thom and his bride, Luanne, your in for a treat, They are one of the nicest couple you could hope to meet!! You will search far and wide to find some one who will "try for you", as hard as the Beeman's!! Cool
Bo Borland

South Jersey -
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2007 10:11 am    

Thom made my seat the way I wanted it and gave me plenty of help after the sale when I wanted to add another handle.
You can't buy a better steel seat.
Rittenberry SD10 , Derby D-10, Quilter TT12, Peavey Session 400 w/ JBL, NV112, Fender Blues Jr. , 1974 Dobro 60N squareneck, Rickenbacher NS lapsteel, 1973 Telecaster Thinline, 1979 blonde/black Frankenstrat
Currently picking with
Mason Dixon Band masondixonband.net
Jay Hudson

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2007 1:39 pm    

For you folks that have a seat with the back,does the back give you good back support without having to lean back in the seat?
Archie Nicol R.I.P.

Ayrshire, Scotland
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2007 3:37 pm    

Thom's certainly do.

Arch.

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2007 3:52 pm    

Everybody has different needs for their ideal posture. I'd suggest sitting in a couple chairs and see how they feel to you. I thought mine was aukward at first, but now it feels just perfect for me.
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2007 8:10 pm    

I'm sad to report that Thom is very ill and has temporarily ceased production until he recovers.

Hey Thom, if you're reading the, get well soon.
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2007 9:03 pm    

I sat down at Tommy Dodd's seat, and I'm heavier than he is. Sure felt comfortable!
Cal Sharp

the farm in Kornfield Kounty, TN
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2007 6:29 am     Thom

Thom had rotator cuff surgery and should be back to work in a few weeks. Good luck, pal!

www.steelseat.com
Custom Made Covers for Steel Guitars & Amps at Sharp Covers Nashville
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2007 9:28 am    

Mike,Thom isn't very ill...They just put him in the shop to have some custom work done on his shoulder,Bionics? Laughing
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Thom Beeman

California, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2007 10:18 am    

Mike is a good friend and I think he was referring to my mental status. Whoa! Laughing
Thank all of you for the kind words, they are very much appreciated. We are honored to have the priviledge to do something for our friends and fellow steelers. All of you have been very understanding during this shutdown time and your orders will be filled as soon as possible.
If your wanting a new seat for your 'seat', by Christmas, we are still taking orders.
Again thank you all for your kindness and friendship.

Thom & Luann
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2007 11:01 am    

Thom, I'm wishing you a quick and perfect recovery. Say hi to Luanne for me, too, please.

Bo, I too will be adding a 2nd handle to my ATA seat. It'll just be easier to haul that thing around, then, I believe, you finding that so?

I think Thom will have to offer a carbon version of his seats, very strong but very light. His seats are extremely well-built, but they are heavier than others I've tried and owned. I love the deep storage compartments, I no longer lug around a briefcase with doo dads.

Jay, you can have your seat back any way you want. Thom has a standard height, I think it may be 8 inches; but when at the Mesa show to order one, I sat in one with a 10 inch back, and that height was much more comfortable for me, so that's what I bought. I love it!

These are fabulous seats, gang!
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2007 4:14 pm    

This is one time when I'm really glad I was wrong.

Thom even though your aliment isn't as serious as I thought, I hope you feel better soon.
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2007 5:56 pm    

Thom,No need to worry about your mental status...You should try living in this psychedelic clown house!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Dave Petranek

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2007 3:57 am    

Thom, My custom seat (with seatBACK) is working out well. Unfortunately, I won't be BACK ordering another because it is holding up very well. After much use, it still looks like new.
Get yourself BACK to normal real quick.
Malcolm McMaster

Beith Ayrshire Scotland
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2007 8:03 am    

Thom, sorry to hear you have been ill, best wishes from all in Scotland who met you at Dallas.These seats with backs are extremely comfortable, wish I had got one years ago.Regards Malcolm
Thom Beeman

California, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 11:34 am    

Guys, I make these seats for YOU, so any and all recommendations for improvements are appreciated. As long as They can be improved with out having to increase the selling price, we'll give it a shot. Thanks again for all of the kind comments and happy customers.
Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2007 7:30 am    

Some of you are aware that all I play is gospel music. Thom is a dear friend of mine and he made me a custom seat that reflects my music of preference.
Thanks, Bro! Very Happy