| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton Pro-Sound..What does it do?
Gerald Pierce

Maydelle, Republic of Texas
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2007 6:37 pm    

I saw a Hilton Pro-Sound "stomp box" at a junk store and I'm not sure what it's used for. I didn't find any info about it when I did a net search. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks! GP
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2007 7:33 am    

Very Happy Gerald, about 12 years ago, before my volume pedals took off, I made a headphone amplifier. At that time there was not a great demand for headphone amplifiers. Once I started building the headphone amp, some music dealers started importing headphone amps from China. The China units sold for around $19.00, and included the headphones. People bought on price alone. The sound quality of the China units was really poor, but the price was cheap. I bailed out of the headphone amp business and concentrated on my United States Patent involving my volume pedal.
In the last 10 years I have had little time to do anything except build volume pedals. Last year I did build a personal extremely high quality headphone amp for my own personal use. I am of the opinion that it would not be a good idea to build a high quality headphone amp, like my present personal headphone amp. The market is flooded with all price ranges of headphone amps. Most music gear has a headphone output on it anyway. Hope this information helps.
Gerald Pierce

Maydelle, Republic of Texas
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2007 10:43 am    

Thanks, Keith! It's been a few weeks since I saw the unit and couldn't remember any mental notes I'd made when I saw it...I only remember the name. If it's still there, I'll probably buy it. - GP