| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Show Pro website (New!)
Dale Hansen

Hendersonville,Tennessee, (USA)
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2007 9:10 pm    

I was out to visit Jeff (Surratt)today, at the Show Pro factory. It's located just outside of Mount Juliet. It's a nice, spacious facility on nearly 5 acres, loaded with all the equipment, and know-how to fill your needs. It also features a show room full of reconditioned, and consignment guitars. Just last week, they launched a brand new website, dedicated to the new line of "Show Pro" Pedal steel guitars, and its loaded with great photos. There are actually more guitars on the show room floor than whats currently showing online. Call Jeff, or drop him a line for a more complete inventory.
Check it out.
http://www.showprosteelguitars.com/index.html
Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2007 7:37 pm     Great Site !!

I beleive this is a very good site for some great looking steels , therefore , i'm casting my vote for a bump TTT . Cool

Skip
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2007 8:24 pm    

I've been following Jeff and Duane's developments for years. The Show-Pro is miles above the cheap profit production steel guitars (they will be worth next to nothing in the coming years)that are now flooding the market. The many years of experience that Duane Marrs spent at Sho-Bud and Jeff Surratt's road and shop experience are hand built into everyone of these custom guitars. There are not going to be a whole lot of these made. These are serious custom pedal steel guitars with great retro tone and looks. Collectors pieces and a great investment for the future. They can even make Show Pros with electric dobros on the back of the D-10 neck. Just fantastic custom steels.
Jeff Surratt

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2007 4:54 am    

Thanks for the nice comments. We have had many inquiries about aluminum necks since the site went up. We have a sample neck in route for approval. This will interchange with the wood neck for your choice. Just remove the mounting screws underneath the guitar. Duane is also experimenting with an adjustable tone/truss rod. Currently we are building Russ Pahl's second guitar a "The Lloyd Green" model. It is a 25" scale with two pickups. The neck is a laminated rosewood/mahogany/rosewood with the roller block mounted on the neck which Russ believes will resonate sound. He is out with Vince still, but is due in for neck shaping and fitting.

If anyone is the Nashville area, please feel free to call and come out for a visit. We want to offer a comfortable atomosphere like Sho-Bud did for so many years. Plus, the shop phone rings at my home if you need urgent help. Jeff
Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 3:23 pm    

Leme add that after hearing Jeff play on the Josh Turner " Ryman" CD , i am convinced that the ShoPro is gonna catch on like wildfire. Not only is it a beautiful wood / lacquer body steel ,also the tone cuts through to the audience very well. The CD is a very good bunch of songs that ol Josh and the " Tonkin Honkies " performed flawlessly . Very Happy If you haven't got one , get one and listen closely to the steel , especially the C-6 solos . Well done Jeff !! Cool
Skip
Tony Rankin

Land O’ Lakes, FL
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2007 4:44 pm     Show Pro Guitars

I got a chance to see Jeff's guitars first-hand, while at the ISGC. Wow! Sho-Bud fans will love what Jeff is doing. The finishes on the Show Pro are just beautiful and they are great playing guitars too!

Skip is absolutely correct about the tone! Very clear and sweet.

Here are the guitars Jeff had displayed at ISGC.