| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Are you bringing an Emmons to St. Louis to sell?
Keith Hilton

248 Laurel Road Ozark, Missouri 65721
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2007 8:13 pm    

Are you bringing an Emmons to St. Louis to sell? If so, tell me about it?
Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2007 8:29 pm    

Keith, I can sell you an Emmons. What are you looking for?
Jerry
Keith Hilton

Post  Posted 16 Aug 2007 6:56 am    

Very Happy Jerry, you heard that ringing sound when you strummed across my Emmons when it was un-plugged in Siloam Springs. That is what I am looking for and not all guitars have that ring. Push Pulls probably have the best sound, but I don't think I can handle the difficult pedal action. I had a push pull at one time. LeGrand forward, prefer black, metal neck.
I would be interested in any brand of guitar that had that ring. If it does not have that ring when it is un-plugged, then it won't ring when it is plugged in. Just my opinion. Guess what Jerry, you came up with a name for my new box, the Hil-Tone. That means I have to give you one. Have you heard from my Cherokee brother, Jimmy Dreadfulwater, latley?
Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2007 7:43 am    

Quote:
If it does not have that ring when it is un-plugged, then it won't ring when it is plugged in.

Been trying to get that point across for years.And if it's really got it.It will sound good even with old strings.
Al Risbeck

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2007 12:29 pm    

Contact Bobbe Seymour at Steel guitar Nashville, he can put you in touch with Brian Adams, I have a 78 push pull I bought from Bobbe about a month ago that Brian set up and I can't tell any differnce between my Legrande II and the push pull, it's fantastic.
Mullen Discovery, GK mb200 with Eminence EPS-15C, Fender steel King with Eminence EPS-15C,Nashville 400 amp, with EPS-15C,Evans FET500 with Peavey 1501 BW Goodrich L10K V.P.(2),Goodrich L120, Bose L1 PA with ToneMatch 4 Mic control board
Brian Ostrom

Old Chelsea Quebec Canada
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2007 7:33 pm    

"Amen" To that phrase Keith.
I've been asking myself what one of my guitars has that the other dosen't. It's the natural ring that it has when you strum the strings. They either have it or they don't. A good friend and a great player (Al Bragg) once told me that he has played with the neck screws just adjusting them a sixteenth or an eight of a turn either way and you might be amazed what it will do to your sound. I never have experimented with it but man hesounds good.
Anyone ever give that a try ?
(Brand new to the forum and aborn again player after a ten year hiataius). I love this sight
Moogy
Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2007 7:57 pm     Emmons

Keith,I'd check with Dana at www.allsteelguitar.com I talked to him the other day and he should be there.He usually has lot's of Emmons.
Keith Hilton

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2007 1:20 pm    

Very Happy Not all Emmons guitars have that special ring, I've seen some that didn't. I got this LeGrand II single neck that has the ring. You can hear it un-plugged or plugged in. Guys at the studio even noticed the difference. It is a sound that comes through better on recordings. I really can't explain it, but I can hear it.