| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mark Chesnutt
Raul Huerta

Cuauhtemoc, Chihuahua, Mexico
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2007 10:03 am    

Hi There, can someone tel me to who plays the steel with Mark Chesnutt on the road ?

my cuestion is why I´ll play before he play in my country in the state of Chihuahua Mexico the next August 16 and i´ll like meet him

Thanks all

Regards
Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2007 10:29 am    

Slim Yamaguchi
Wayne Tyler

new castle de USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2007 10:36 am    

Slim is a really personable and nice person. Loves to meet and talk shop with other steel guitar players. The band I work with opened for Mark Chesnutt last year. Puts on a really good country show.
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2007 1:42 pm    

Slim played a Mullen in two of Mark's videos and I think recently, he's playin' an Excel steel.

Brett
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2007 9:18 am    

"Slim"..huh Oh Well ...that is one name I`m glad my mom didn`t give me...it would definatly not work for me Confused

Db

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2007 10:32 am     Slim

Slim played steel for Buck Starr for a short time in the late 80s. I played guitar in the band and was a struggling steel player. Slim really was a big influence on me. Of course his real name isnt Slim but if I recall it was something too hard to pronounce...and had about 40 letters in it....At that time he was playing a Pro II, and III. He was great then...hes a great player now......
Mickey
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Raul Huerta

Cuauhtemoc, Chihuahua, Mexico
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2007 6:01 pm    

Thanks All I hope can meet and learn a
lot of him

regards
Jim Phelps

Mexico City, Mexico
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2008 5:27 pm    

Hola Raúl, ¿Cómo estás?, me da mucho gusto verte en el Forum. Espero que todo está bien. Acabo a encontrar este thread... ¿Cómo estuvo el concierto con Mark Chestnutt? Cierto que tu grupo tocaba excelente. Yo quisiera oir tu grupo, si tienes unos clips de audio por favor dime donde puedo escucharles.

Todavia estoy aquí en la Ciudad de Mexico, toco la guitarra con un grupo, no toco el steel con ellos...pero tengo unos pistas que grabar para un cantante de Taxco, con el steel, así es que estoy muy feliz al tocar el steel en algunas canciones, jaja.

Bueno, cuidatate y buena suerte con todo. Hasta luego...
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2008 5:36 pm    

Mark's new single is great! I don't know whose playing steel on it?
Lem Smith

Long Beach, MS
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2008 5:42 pm    

Is it not that Franklin guy up in Nashville, Theresa? I hear he occasionally does a session or two. Very Happy Very Happy
James Sission

Sugar Land,Texas USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2008 5:44 pm    

I went to SPI bikefest when Mark was playing there. I asked to meet him backstage, really I wanted to meet Slim. I got backstage passes for "meet and greet" Mark. I met Slim and I told him I played steel and that I just wanted to shake his hand. He took me to his "private area", he showed me his whole set-up and then he took me to his travel case and he took out 5 sets of strings. He handed the strings to me and he said, "try these out and let me know what you think." I said, "Slim, I am a beginner, I dont know sh** about steel." He said, "So, you came all this way to say hello and got yourself backstage to see me and not Mark, so you deserve something." He is a PRINCE of a man. Go see him and say hello...He appreciates it.......James
Theresa Galbraith

Goodlettsville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2008 6:05 pm    

Lem,
I thought it might be Paul? He's been known to do his recordings.
I haven't ask him, I do love Mark's material. True country stuff! Smile
Michael Douchette

Gallatin, TN (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2008 6:45 pm    

Slim was on the gig at the Wildhorse last night with Mark. We had a good chance to visit. What a fine player, and wonderful gentleman. Great show!

http://www.steelharp.com
http://www.thesessionplayers.com/douchette.html

(other things you can ask about here)
http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/Steelharp/
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2008 10:18 pm    

Theresa, I've got a feelin' Paul is on Mark's new single. Paul's played on a lot of Mark's records.

Brett
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2008 10:58 pm     Slim

I saw an ad in Vegas for Mark a couple of months ago. I called Slim and went to the hotel to see the show, and to rekindle old friendships...Man them japanese guys dont age!...he looked like he was 30!!!...Sheesh..Hes playing better than ever, and is Marks go-to guy/band leader.I checked out his rig and we just had a real good time reliving old memories. I talked to him a few days ago and let him know I was in Dallas. He really is the real deal...professional to the hilt...
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!
Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2008 3:02 am    

I visited with Slim a couple of weeks ago when Chesnutt played Billy Bob's. Hadn't seen him or the guys in a few years. He is a great guy and player. Most folks don't know he lives in Dallas, keeping a low profile. Tried to talk him into subbing a few gigs for me every now and then Smile The other guys in his band, Duane, Steve, and Delaney used to have a band around here, called "InYoFace" back in the early 90's, before they left for Nashville. I worked with them a few times. Really nice guys and players.

Raul, I can assure you they would enjoy visiting with you... just don't tell them everything (about our show a few years ago) Smile

Danny
Lee Baucum

McAllen, Texas (Extreme South) The Final Frontier
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2008 6:04 am    

I got to visit with Slim a few years ago. He is a prince of a fellow.

At the time, our daughter was dating a musician who was in the opening act. Their guitar player was from Japan and, of course, spoke fluent Japanese. Slim couldn't believe he had run into another Japanese country picker in Texas.

Have any of you guys seen the unique folding pipe Slim keeps in his pocket?

Lee, from South Texas