Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Jody Cameron / Texas Steel Guitar School
Gale Huey

Frisco, Texas USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2007 6:25 pm    

TEXAS STEEL GUITAR SCHOOL
Presented by
Jody Cameron

I want to take this opportunity to tell of my experiences while attending the Texas Steel Guitar School that is offered by Mr. Jody Cameron. Jody and Mr. Waymon Moore held the school in Waymon’s home, Lake Jackson, Texas. The day I arrived, I received the most perfect welcome from Jody and Waymon. I was very comfortable the moment I stepped inside the door and the music room. The facilities were First Class, comfortable in every way possible. The week in couldn’t have started any better.

About the classes:

One of the most important things to me about the class was when Jody jumped forward in the curriculum to teach us and add a 7th chord to the progression we were working on. Having the ability to be flexible and teach at the same time is a great gift, and Jody shared that with us. He knew something was missing and immediately took care of it. That small extra chord, a 1 7th was a sound that made everything else come together. From the first afternoon in the classroom, I believe Jody took us to the top of our learning curves and held us there for the remainder of the classes. His teaching style is by far, one of the best I have ever seen.

Jody, Waymon, Thank you so very much for your time and your patience.

The best to both of you, and hope to see you soon,

Gale Huey
Brandon Ordoyne

Needville,Texas USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2007 7:41 pm    

Hi Gale,

Sounds like ya'll had a great time! I have been a personal student of Jody's since January this year and I must say you cannot ask for a better teacher/mentor/friend. With me, Jody started striaght from the bottom. He is very professional and has a great passion for the steel guitar, and an a great passion for spreading his knowledge with other steel pickers. Waymon, is a great guy as well, Texas Hospitalty at its best! We have our lessons together at his house. You cannot ask for 2 better guys! Way to go Jody for presenting the Texas Steel Guitar School! Very Happy Very Happy

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2007 8:40 pm    

Thanks so much guys...please see my extended response here: http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=113741

JC
John Coffman

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2007 5:33 pm    

Jody, Waymon and Brandon are all great guys with the passion for Steel Guitar. Jody is able to see where you are and how to help you get to the next level. Jody helps on the teaching sessions we have at the Katy Jam (next one Aug 5th) when he can attend and is always will to help. Can't wait for the next school. I've already put some vacation time aside.

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2007 6:06 pm    

Thanks John! We are working out the dates now for the next class.

If you had your choice, which class would you like to see presented?

1) Begginer E9

2) Intermediate E9

3) Begginer C6

4) Intermediate C6

Thanks, JC
John Coffman

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2007 6:30 pm    

Beginner E9th to intermediate. JB and I have been working on some songs. I just need lots of basics.

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2007 7:11 pm    

Thank you, John. Any others who may like to, feel free to weigh in with your opinions.

Thanks, JC
John Coffman

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2007 3:55 pm    

Bump for JC
Gale Huey

Frisco, Texas USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2007 3:30 am    

Bump for Jody
Gale Huey

Frisco, Texas USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2007 5:50 pm     meeting

Hey Jody, We missed you at the meeting. The word is out, you're planning another steel guitar school. I'm planning to attend one of your advance classes. Take Care.
Gale
Jeff James

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2007 5:55 pm    

I am out in west Texas (Lubbock) & am really looking for some direction on the pedal steel. I would be very interested in a beginners E9 class. Where can I find info for the school? Thanks in advance
Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2007 6:34 pm    

Hi Jeff - I spent a lot of my youth near Marfa and Alpine, TX!

If you would like, check out my website at www.jodycameronmusic.com I am in the planning stages for a class in November (2nd Week).

Thank you Gale - sorry I missed the meeting. I was on the road (as usual) Crying or Very sad

JC
Gale Huey

Frisco, Texas USA
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2007 4:03 pm    

TTT