| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Need repair work in Az
John Parker

Golden Valley, Az. USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 3:00 pm    

I just moved to Arizona from Arkansas and I think the change in climate is causing some mechanical issues with my steel. Both knee levers that pull my E strings (LKL & LKR) are sticking. When I engage them they stay engaged and I have to reach under the guitar and pull them back. Also a piece of metal stripping along the top has come unglued. Not being mechanically inclined I need to find someone to work on it. Anybody in my area (Kingman/Bullhead City) that works on steels?
Fender Steel King
Dave Zirbel

Sebastopol, CA USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 3:46 pm    

There used to be a place in Casa Grande called De-No Music. I was there 15 years ago and they had a bunch of steels on the floor and their steel mechanic was working on a ZB owned by Bud Isaacs. Maybe they are still there?

Also, you're about a 4 hour drive in the other direction from Blackie Taylor in Riverside Ca if he is still there, and another hour or two from Blackie is Jim Palenscar's steel shop.

Dave
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 4:01 pm    

John,Chuck Back is in Kingman Az.I'm not sure how far that is from you,He builds Desert Rose guitars.I bet he can fix it.
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.
Kevin Hatton

Buffalo, N.Y.
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 5:07 pm    

Chuck Back can fix your steel. He knows steels inside and out.
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 6:04 pm    

John, where is Golden Valley Arizona? I've not heard of that town nor is it listed as a town on my map.
Chuck is in Kingman Az. up on Interstate 40. Here is his phone number 520-548-4654, he'll fix ya up.
Ron Whitworth

Yuma,Ariz.USA Yeah they say it's a DRY heat !!
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 7:21 pm    

Hey Fred;
Looks like Golden Valley is reeeel close to Kingman according to this map.If that is correct then Chuck Back is right thera as you said..Here is the map i found...Ron

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Golden+Valley,+AZ,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title
Alvin Blaine

Picture Rocks, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 7:38 pm    

Golden Valley is about ten minutes from Kingman and 25 minutes from Laughlin.

I stop at the Maverick gas station, in Golden Valley, about every other week on my way to or from some gig. They always have the best price there.
John Parker

Golden Valley, Az. USA
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2007 3:24 am    

Golden Valley is between Kingman and Bullhead City. Larry Strawn also lives here but our work schedules have been conflicting and I haven't been able to bug him for a while. Very Happy Very Happy I will give Chuck Back a call and see if he'll be willing to work on a Zumsteel. Thanks for the replies.
Fender Steel King
Larry Strawn

Golden Valley, Arizona, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2007 7:46 pm     steel work

Hi John,
I just got back from vacation, and returned your phone call, seems we're playing phone tag! Laughing

I think I can still drive to Chucks shop lol,,, I know he can fix it! I'm glad to see your "puter" is back up and running! Very Happy

PS. Fred Justice,, what do ya mean you don't know where Golden Valley Az. is?? You mailed a Hilton pedal to me here! Laughing

Larry