| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Stolen Sho-Bud
Jim Burden

Georgetown,Indiana,U.S.A.
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2007 6:46 pm    

Someone broke into our home while we were at church and stole all my guitars.I lost an 86' Sho-bud super pro with an E66 in the E9th neck and 10-3 in the c6th neck, it was lifted 2 inches. I lost a lap steel I built.It was black lacquer with my last name on the head stock(Burden) I lost a supero with a 3 position changer on the bridge, If you run across anything please notify me, Thanks, Jim Burden Bullet Bars.
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2007 12:41 am    

Jim, this is just terrible news! I'll be alert to any Bud's for sale in the area.
Any serial numbers or other identifying characteristics you can post might be helpful.

I hope your guitars can be found and returned to you.
Chris LeDrew

Canada
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2007 3:49 am    

Jim, This is so sad. I really feel for ya. I'm nowhere near your area but will nevertheless keep an eye on craig's list, etc. You never know where they'll turn up.
Rex Thomas

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2007 7:44 am     ARRRRRGH!!!

That absolutely STINKS. Sounds like someone knew what to look for.
Any serial # info would help us all.
Hang in, Jim.
Danny James

Summerfield Florida USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2007 9:26 am     Stolen equipment

So sorry about your loss Jim. I will spread the word around in our area.

Anything more to help identify would be a help.

Best of luck.
David Doggett

Bawl'mer, MD (formerly of MS, Nawluns, Gnashville, Knocksville, Lost Angeles, Bahsten. and Philly)
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2007 10:09 am    

I feel for you, Jim. A couple of years ago the usual neighborhood juvenile theives who mostly steal TVs and CD players broke into my house and decided to take my S12U Fessy, an amp head, and my POD XT. I don't think they knew what they were doing, because they didn't take the volume pedal, case, or a speaker. I have never gotten any of it back.
Micky Byrne

United Kingdom (deceased)
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2007 12:34 pm     Re: Stolen Sho-Bud

Jim, I feel so sorry for your loss, only the scum of the earth would do a thing like that. I hope they are found and the culprits imprisoned!!!!

Micky Byrne United Kingdom
Kirk Eipper

Arroyo Grande, Ca.
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2007 12:38 pm    

Jim,

I share your pain my brother, I had a D-10 Pro III stolen in 1979 and never saw her again. I will be on the look out for your stuff.

Keep the faith.

Kirk
'10 Williams 700 Series SD10 4+5/ '71 Emmons S-10 3+4/ '73 Emmons D-10 8+4/ GK MB 200/ Custom Tommy Huff Cabinets/ Webb 614-E/ Steelseat.com Pak-a-seat/ Magnatone and Fender lap steels/ Cobra Coil bars & Strings/ pod 2.0/ Peterson Tuners/Goodrich V.P./ Boss RV5/Teles and Martins

www.kirkeipper.com
Carol Johnson

Califonia, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2007 11:38 pm    

Jim, keep an eye on ebay. They may try to sell your stuff on ebay. Right now there are 3 or 4 Buds listed...
Joe Calabrese

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2007 7:07 am    

Contact every music store in you're area and give them a list of the stolen gear with pictures if possible. Most household thieves do not know the value of this kind of equipment and usually are just looking for quick sale for drug money. Keep your chin up. Sometimes
stolen gear does turn up.

Joe
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=124287
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2007 7:47 am    

Quote:
Sometimes stolen gear does turn up.

Keep the faith. I just hope you don't have to wait 18 years like I did!

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2007 8:14 am    

Do you have insurance?
Carol Johnson

Califonia, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2007 9:14 am    

Check all the pawn shops too...
A. J. Schobert

Cincinnati, Ohio,
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2007 9:42 am    

Keep posting a new topic on this every couple months to keep this fresh in guys heads.
Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 6:07 am     STOLEN

JIM that is such a shame but and again please go by each pawn shop in your area and just check them out and it sounds like someone knew what they were looking for, it is such a shame plp want and resort to stealing to get what they want good LUCK, please prosecute them as they need to learn a lesson again GOOD LUCK hope you find them soon TOMMY
Max W. Thompson

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 11:59 am    

I would also keep an eye on Craig's List. They might also try to dump them there.
Mike Black

New Mexico, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 12:32 pm    

xzxzxxz

Last edited by Mike Black on 13 May 2011 6:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Jim Burden

Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 2:03 pm     stolen Bud

Thanks for the encouragement. I do have insurance,but those steels will be hard to replace.They took 4 regular guitars too.The serial no. on my Gibson Les Paul was 72229009 . It was new in 79'.I have serial no's written down on the others but can't remember where I stuck the paper. The Sho-Bud had 5 knees rather than six as normal for some reason. I still have the case for the super-pro.
Thanks for keeping an eye out,Jim Burden
Terry Kinnear

Erie ,Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 3 Jul 2007 4:57 am    

Jim ,we're praying for you. hope you get all your equipment returned. If you need anything, or if we can help you out.Let us know Terry ,,,,,Steel Wondering
Drew Howard

Post  Posted 3 Jul 2007 7:49 am    

Jim,

Start calling pawn shops and music stores to see if the bastards managed to fence any of this stuff.

Good luck !!

Drew
Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2007 12:11 pm    

Jim:
Start thinking as a criminal. You've just stolen some items and you want to convert them into cash as soon as possible so that the evidence is not on your property.
If you've stolen them for a customer, who wants a PSG, that's your optimum, and your chances of getting away with it are high. But most thefts don't have a customer in mind, and I like to think that steel guitarists would never knowingly buy a guitar stolen from one of their brother steelers.
Which leaves us with the remainder, which is that someone has seen the opportunity to steal from you but has no idea of what he's stolen. He's stuck with the goods, and his main goal is now to dispose of them. If local pawnbrokers are aware that you're looking, he has no option but to store away the booty or dump it. As much as it hurts to think about it, you need to check out the local dumps. Start with local government, the parish, the city, the county, the state. I worked in local government for many years, and I've found that local government officers, on both sides of the Atlantic, are always very keen to help victims of crime.
Marc Jenkins

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2007 1:14 pm    

So sorry to hear about this Jim. I know how it feels to be thieved; I lost a '73 Tele when I was 18 years old. I can't imagine how it must feel to lose a Bud! Good luck in your hunt.

Marc
Tony Orth

Evansville, Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2007 7:11 pm    

Jim,

I'll check out some of the pawn shops here in Evansville over the next few weeks.

Tony
Jim Burden

Post  Posted 6 Jul 2007 4:28 am    

I talked a good friend who was the Sheriff in an ajoining county and he said since our gambling boats have gone in a new type of pawn shop has opened with 5 or 6 locations in Kentucky and southern Indiana.He saiod they know they buy stolen goods and put them on a truck and ship the goods out of state the same day.They haven't as of yet been able to catch them in the act. He also said there is almost no chance of seeing my stuff again. It was just stuff, I am glad they hit us when no one was home.They didn't even harm my schnauzer.We installed ADT with motion detectors in the house and the shop where I build the Bullet Bars. Jim Burden
Randy Reeves

LaCrosse, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2007 9:42 am    

sorry to hear about the violation to your home.
I am curious, do you think those creeps knew you or what was inside?

yesterday was a warm one. at night I opened all the doors and windows to get some fresh air inside. I got a phone call and talked for a good bit of time. after the call I hung up and thinking of the conversation went to bed.
in the morning I came back downstairs to see all the doors and windows open.
I froze. everything was the same as before. all my guitars and amps were in plain view.
nice neighborhood I have. whew.
I doubt I will do that again.