| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Benton Show
Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2007 8:32 pm    

I just want to thank everybody involved with this great show for the hospitality extended to me. The players were great and so was everything else. Hope to see you guys next year.
Don Lampley

Thompsonville, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2007 3:11 am     show

Craig a pleasure having you play at our show you did a terrific job. Look forward to seeing you next year or maybe in StLouis again a big thanks.

Paducah, Kentucky, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2007 6:48 am    

Craig,
Thank you for coming, and thank you for the great music,and thank you and "Sweet Sue" for the visiting, and the cheese..was all great..
See you soon my friend, I hope...
RP...'come on in'...
DeWitt Scott

St. Louis, Missouri, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2007 8:32 am     Benton Show

After two previous years of been asked to attend the show in Benton I finally was able to attend one. I think it was a great show and I marvel at how the staff people treated Mary, Don and I. The stage crew and the recording people well as equally nice to us. The staff band did a great job and all this helps the players to relax. Don curtis and I had fun playing our three tunes together and the audience seemed to enjoy what we did. I was told my many people that the "old" tunes I played on my "Scotty" Frypan was a welcome relief from the sounds of the pedal steel. Many thanks fo the organizers of the event and I hope to be invited back next year. Scotty
Don Lampley

Post  Posted 16 Apr 2007 1:22 pm    

Scotty a pleasure having you and Don at our show. You did a great job and I hope you come back next year. I look forward to your show it don't get know better see you there.

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2007 7:46 am    

Hello again everyone;
Thanks to everyone who helped make this a great show including staff, players, volunteers, band members and all others.
Scotty, we are honored to have you at our show and we certainly hope you will come and be a part of our entertainment next year.
Although there were some parking hassles this year the parking is to be extended by several acres and surfaced by next year.
Thanks again for the great attendence and a GREAT TIME! .....Bobby
Gene Piper

Olney, Illinois
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2007 12:45 pm    

Bobby: Thanks for having me on the show this year, I had a blast. The backup musicians were great, the crowd was very receptive to all the players. Bobby you played with so many different groups and fit right in with all of them, I guess thats why they call you an old pro huh? Don Lampley did you ever sit down and rest at all, you seemed to be very busy with the sound, players and schedule. My hats off to you brother. Later

Gene
Don Lampley

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2007 2:39 pm    

Gene between playing, singing, running sound, and helping to get the players set up I got to rest Sunday afternoon after getting the sound equipment tore down and moved. I enjoyed your set hope to see you next year.

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2007 12:29 pm     What a difference a "Benton" makes...

Russ went up on Friday and our beautiful daughter, Lindsay, and I drove up on Saturday. Guess I just got "lost" in all that good conversation and her sweet company (she's normally all the way out in California at school...can you tell I miss her?)but (in spite of Russ' explicitly accurate dirctions)I saw a sign marked "Benton"....and followed it!!! all the way to Benton KENTUCKY! ( where there was definitely no steel guitar show going on that day) Embarassed (no blonde jokes, please)
But, I must say...once we finally got there, we enjoyed a really good show and had the pleasure of spending some fun time with good people and great friends. It is always the highest of honors for me to share the stage and a song or two with everybody's hero, Mr. Don Helms.
And, I had an especially good time sharing the stage with "the perfect rhythm section" provided by Ric, Rick, Earl,and Walt; my own super smooth steeler, Russell "Eldorado", and our baby girl, all grown up, Lindsay, who sang one for us, too.
Thanks to Bobby (and Mary Lou) and Don, and everyone who worked to put together another opportunity for many of us to do what we love to do, and to enjoy the talents of such great players.
We really did have a great time, and from the looks of the crowd (and the parking lot) I think a lot of others did too!!

God bless all,
Laney
Earl Erb

Old Hickory Tenn
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2007 6:10 pm    

Laney, you did a fine job and it was very nice working with you and Russ again. I remember while working with Skeeter Davis in 1968, we had a gig in Burlington, Vermont and when we got there and could'nt find the theatre she made a call to her agent, Joe Tanner and....opps!...type-o on the contract...we were supposed to be in Burlington, Iowa. How's that for screw ups? Laughing
Laney Hicks

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2007 9:07 pm    

Hey Earl,
Well, at least that one wasn't the "girl singer's" fault! I don't understand why they have to repeat already taken names of towns anyway! How confusing!

(On the way home on Saturday night, as we passed the infamous "Benton,(KY)" exit sign, Russ just looked over at me, but said not a word. I'll bet he was biting his tongue in two!!!!!!!! Very Happy )

Earl, you sounded wonderful!!! Wish we could walk in more backstage doors and find you there!

Please, hug Marcie for me.

Laney