| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Seminar In Washington, PA-4/20/07
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 2:28 pm    

I will be conducting a seminar at Jim Thompson's show in Washington, PA on April 20th. I had mentioned this in Jim's post about the show, but I thought I would bring it up again. I hope everyone liked my use of the word "conducting". A little humor there. Anyhow, back to the seminar. I don't do many seminars anymore, but Jim convinced me to try one at his show. The seminar will run from 10:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. with a short lunch break. The seminar will be mostly E9th but I will include a few things on C6th also. We will cover a lot of material such as: songs, runs & licks, chords, chord progressions, scales, technique and so on. I will be handing out quite a bit of tab during the seminar. The cost of the seminar is only $60.00. We are doing it at this reduced price since it is in conjunction with Jim's show. Also, I might mention that the show has a great lineup of players, so check it out on Jim's post. If anyone would like to sign up for my seminar, I ask for half deposit up front which will reserve you a seat and the balance at the door. I also accept visa, mastercard or discover, or you can send a check. If you plan on attending the seminar, you should bring your guitar, seat, music stand, amplified headphones if you have any, and also I suggest a tape recorder to tape everything we discuss. All deposits and reservations should be in by April 1st.

Sincerely,

Herby Wallace
Box 5784
Sevierville, TN 37864
865/453-2973
email HWallac480@aol.com.
Chuck S. Lettes

Denver, Colorado
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 4:43 pm    

Hi Herby,
I'm glad to see that you will be presenting one of your seminars. I remember taking a seminar from you in the early l980s when I moved to Denver. It was inspiring for me, and I worked on your arrangements for The Way We Were and That's All That Matters. Best of luck with your seminar, and I look forward to seeing you in Dallas.
Chuck
Jim Thompson

Washington, Pa. USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2007 9:47 am    

I had Herby here in 1982 for a seminar and the info he put out back then was one of the most helpful resources I have ever used to learn to play steel. I know his instruction is always the best. And the price is far less than 5 hours of instruction would be if you went to see him at home.
I would like to see as many as possible sign up and support Herby for this seminar. It would give him lots of incentive to do more of them. He's such a great player we need to pick his brain as much as we can. Go for it.
I will even go one step further and send the forum a donation of $2.00 for every registration at the seminar.

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2007 1:15 pm     Seminar

Thanks guys for the compliments on my seminars. I did forget to mention one thing concerning the price of the seminar. When I do private lessons, I charge $50.00 per hour and I have been charging this rate for several years, so I think $60.00 for the seminar is very reasonable as we will cover much more material than could be covered in a private lesson.

Herby Wallace
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2007 9:41 pm     Seminar

Bump
Wayne Franco

silverdale, WA. USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2007 10:49 am     Herby is the MAN!

I also took a seminar from Herby in Portland Oregon in the 80's. He has influenced my playing greatly...and still does!. I have purchased many tabbed out songs from him over the years. He is an absolutely amazing player and teacher.

Wayne Franco
Jim Thompson

Washington, Pa. USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2007 3:01 am    

bump

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2007 7:34 pm     Seminar

Well, so far we only have 5 confirmed people for the seminar on April 20th. The deadline for signing up is April 1st. I need a minimum of 10 people to justify the expense of doing the seminar, so if you are planning on attending and haven't contacted me yet, please get with me as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Herby Wallace
865/453-2973
Danny Hullihen

Harrison, Michigan
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2007 8:01 am     Herby Wallace Seminar

I will provide a free set of Jagwire E-9th strings in your choice of gauges to the next 5 people who sign up for Herby's seminar.
Dave Hadley

Baltimore, MD USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2007 2:17 pm    

sign me up, check's in the mail!
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2007 12:04 pm     Seminar

Bump
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2007 2:07 pm     Seminar

Well we have seven people confirmed for the seminar right now, but I still need at least 3 more. If you are interested, please let me know by April 1st.

Herby Wallace
Jim Thompson

Washington, Pa. USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2007 1:48 pm    

Herby, I have had some guys tell me they are going to take the seminar but they are just going to sign up at the door. I told them to at least call you and let you know they are going to be there. I can't believe there aren't more people signing up for this. You have some of the best instruction in the business. What an opportunity this is.
Come on guys, get on the wagon and let Herby show you some of the best steel guitar stuff available anywhere.

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2007 1:58 pm     Seminar

Yes Jim, if some of the guys want to come at the door, that will be alright, but please email me and let me know so I will have an idea of how many to expect.

Thanks,

Herby Wallace
HWallac480@aol.com.
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2007 1:46 pm     Seminar

Bump
John Paepke

Grand Rapids Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2007 5:13 pm     PA. seminar

Sign me up for the seminar,

Danny I'll take you up on your offer too.

Washington, Pa. USA
Post  Posted 7 Apr 2007 2:08 pm    

Just 2 weeks left. Had another one call me today Herby. Looks like things have picked up a bit. Getting closer.

Ocean City, Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2007 9:16 am     Seminar

I'm very new to pedal steel, although I've played a little Hawaiian steel. I have played regular guitar off and on for over 40 yrs., and have a foundation in music theory.
I'm not sure if this seminar would be too far over my head.

Please help me out here, "I'm on the fence."

PS: I do have my own pedal steel, an older Sho-Bud Pro 1.
Gary Lee Gimble

Fredericksburg, VA.
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2007 1:38 pm    

Bill, private lessons can run anywhere from 50 bucks per hour and up. You'll be with Herby for 5 hours at a bargain price of 60 dollars. I'm confident you will walk away with at least 60 bucks worth of stuff that you can utilize immediately. A minimum of 200 dollars worth of tab will be available for your future needs. These dollar figures are my honest guesstamates and may vary plus or minus two cents, bottom line, its a win win situation.
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2007 3:16 pm    

Very Happy Guys and gals . Just let me brag on Mr. Herby Wallace for a little bit . You wont find any better material to learn from than his . I'm now starting to learn some C-6th from Herbys tablature and it's great . His style of playing the C-6th is so great sounding to say the least . I must say that the C-6th neck is something new for me . Yes my guitar did come with the C-6th neck but i used it to rest my arms on . I think that when i learn how to find all the 6th pedals i will be on my way . If i was Superman i could just look through the neck and see them . Is there any suggestions as to how to find the pedals the right way ? Anyway take Herbys seminar ,you wont regret it in any way . Someone has suggested to sit a mirror in front of the guitar so as to see the pedals but he was only joking ( i think ) . MAYBE ??? Have a great time guys and gals . Gary .
Jim Thompson

Washington, Pa. USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2007 12:02 pm    

Guys there's no doubt that everyone knows and loves Herby's work on the C6th neck. He's one of the Greatest. I believe he mentioned that the bulk of the seminar would be about E9th. He will do some C6th also. Herby can correct me if I'm wrong. In any case, Like Gary said, for $60.00 it's a Win, Win situation. I wish I could be free to take it, but I'll be too busy getting things set up for the show later. Hope to see you all there. 7 days and counting.

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2007 2:20 pm     Seminar

Yes Jim, about 75% of the seminar is devoted to the E9th tuning and the other 25% for the C6th. You know it's funny, but most players that have heard me play at various steel guitar shows, think of me as more of a C6th player, but when I play in a Commercial Country band, I play 90% E9th. I do play more C6th at steel guitar shows, but that is primarilly because I don't get to play many of the C6th tunes on my regular country jobs. Anyhow, we have several players confirmed for the seminar, but if anyone else would like to attend and pay at the door, we will squeeze you in and we would be happy to have you attend.

Herby Wallace
Bill Thomson

Ocean City, Maryland, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2007 2:11 pm     seminar

I sure hope it's not too late to get in the seminar.

I've made arrangements to attend the event!

If it's OK I'll pay at the door. Looking forward to this event, this will be my first!