| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  SPAMMERS!!!!!
thurlon hopper

Elizabethtown Pa. USA
Post  Posted 21 Feb 2007 7:26 pm    

See the spammers are still hard at it. The post i put on here in Instruments For Sale has gotten two hits, both from spammers.
Guess there is no way to avoid that happening. Looks like i'll have to try to sell that honey colored beauty here locally. Are the rest of you being spammed every time you l post an item for sale? Hope not. TJH, Oh Bob by the way if this is in the wrong section, my apologies to you.
Bobby D. Hunter

USA
Post  Posted 27 Feb 2007 10:20 pm     Reporting Email Scams against SGF Members

thurlon hopper wrote:
See the spammers are still hard at it. The post i put on here in Instruments For Sale has gotten two hits, both from spammers.

Do you mean "scammers" trying to fool you into accepting an overpayment by cashiers' check, with a refund of the balance to their "shipper," or by Western Union to Nigeria? If you still have the original scam messages would you please contact me via forum email.

If you still have those email scam messages I want to see them, intact, with the original headers and routing details. My job on the SGF is tracking their point of origin and banning them from even viewing the SGF. I will send you the details needed to properly supply me with this information.

BTW: When did you post the ad and when did you first receive a scam email about it?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Reporting member of SpamCop