| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1970 MSA D10 For Sale (Pictures Added)
Kris Taylor

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 20 Feb 2007 4:27 pm    

I've got an old MSA D10 from 1970 that I'm looking to sell. It has 8 pedals and 2 knees, rosewood mica in color. This guitar has a pre-Micro serial number, so it does not have the Micro parts in the guitar. It does not use bell cranks like the more modern MSA guitars, but instead uses some sort of 'pull-and-let-go' type of mechanism. It's a fairly simple mechanism, and easy to figure out and work on. It's older and a little quirky, but not really much more quirky than the Sho~Bud Pro II I replaced it with. The legs are old and tricky to tighten, but work fine. It's heavy, but solid, it has great sustain and sure would blow away most starter guitars if you are looking to get into playing steel. There is no case. I'll send more specific details to those interested.

I need $800 plus shipping for the guitar. Here are some pictures. I tried to show some added drill holes in one of the pictures, and also the mechanism. Let me know if you need more pictures.

Kris Taylor

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2007 3:30 pm    

I added the pictures today, so let's bump this up.
Rick Winfield

Pickin' beneath the Palmettos
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2007 6:50 am     MSA

Contact me about this guitar soon. I'm very interested. I will have no computer access Sun & Mon, but will be back "on line" Tues if we dont comminicate today. 3/3/07
Thanks
Kris Taylor

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2007 2:29 pm    

I've got some offers below 800, just wanted to bump it up one more time to see if anyone wants this guitar for 800. I'll probably make a deal this week if there is no more interest. Thanks.
William Fraser

New York, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2007 6:42 pm    

I Will go the $ Wink $800. is Pay pal OK ? I don't want to snake any one who is trying to scrape it together BUT if you would call me or email lets work it out Bill 845 657 8101 Arrow Wink

Sacramento, California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Mar 2007 6:45 pm     "not as "Quirky" as the Sho Bud

Kris, if you get the time and inclination, I would appreciate it if you would email me and tell me about what is "quirky" about the Sho Buds. I have been wanting one but am wary due to their reputation. Thanks, Gary
Craig A Davidson

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2007 6:19 am    

what are the extra holes in the endplate for? is it some kind of split tuning deal?
Bill Ford

Graniteville SC Aiken
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2007 6:56 am    

Craig,
The top 2 rows are the raise tune, the bottom 2 rows are the lower, the very bottom [allen] are the spring adjustment. I had one with this changer, stays in tune very well.Don't know what the 2 larger ones in the center are, maybe where tone/volume knobs were.The really neat feature about this changer is, you can raise/lower the same string with every pedal by simply adding springs, and/or collars.
Kris Taylor

Utah, USA
Post  Posted 8 Mar 2007 7:14 pm    

Guitar is sold. Donation is on the way.