| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Blountstown show
Jimmy Powell

Westville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2007 5:16 pm    

8th annual show in Blountstown Feb. 24th. Featured players will be John Hughey, Randy Beavers, with Roy Rosetta on Piano and Paul Polish on drums along with local players. Show starts at 12:00 noon. Admission is $20. Hope to see you there............Jimmy Powell
Roy Rosetta

Nederland, Texas.. On the Texas Gulf Coast
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2007 8:26 pm    

This is truly a great show and I'm very proud that Jimmy has asked me to come to Blounstown for the past three years. Looks like another great show in the making. As always John Hughey, alone, is worth the price of admission but with the addition, this year, of super steel guitarist Randy Beavers it's a must show for all of you in the Florida and Alabama area. The venue is very unique and the food in the restaurant is wonderful.
Jimmy Powell is one of the finest individuals you could hope to meet and he strives each year to put on a show better than the year before and certainly worthy of your attendence.
I hope to see many of my friends from the Southeast on Saturday, February 24th.
.....Roy
Ernest Cawby

Lake City, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 12 Jan 2007 10:59 pm     Bluntstown Show

This is one of the best shows in the USA,Jimmy is one frog that will not croak his own pond but let me do it for him, the back up band will have you standing and clapping as much as for the great players he has on this show. Jimmy even relents and allows me to play with these gtrat players, and it is a thrill to be in their midst.
This show is well worth more than the cost, also Jimmy plays with the best of the best and is a great guy to be with.
We have people here in Lake city that has been asking if he is having one this year now I can spread the news,
DON,T MISS THIS ONE.

ernie
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2007 5:03 am     OH BOY !!!!!!

Very Happy
As usual,, Jimmy has put the line-up out there again, and has my most favorite heros on the list.

Jimmy, please reserve Mickey and Myself a front row seat. a team of wild horses couldn't hold me away from this one.

Ben and Mickey O'Dell
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2007 12:31 pm    

Jimmy....if things are right as far as work goes, I will be there for the 8th annual. You always put on a great show, and it would be fun to see and hear both John and Randy together. They are both super-pickers for sure.....I now have a "RAINS" D-10....a fabulous instrument......we'll certainly be giving this a bump up from time to time. Also, there's not a finer keyboard player than Mr. Roy Rosetta.......no one keeps the beat better than Paul Polish either......HAL Razz Laughing
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2007 8:12 pm    

I have been waiting for this post for quite a while. Two of my most favorite pickers in the whole world, John and Randy!. This is great news.

For those who have never been to the Blountstown show, I would like to take this opportunity to tell you that the venue, the staff, the players and the spectators are all a perfect match. C-O-U-N-T-R-Y! You owe it to yourself to put this one on the calendar.

I'LL BE THERE!

Last edited by Jim Walker on 19 Jan 2007 3:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Jan 2007 10:54 pm     Fla. show

If I wasn't busy every Saturday night playing, I'd definitely make this show. Maybe later on I can make it. I'd really like to see and hear my buddy, Jimmy Powell again. Been a while since we picked together.
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2007 1:46 am    

Let's keep it bumped to the top.......HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.
Russ Hicks

Pegram, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jan 2007 6:42 pm    

I know this show will be 'the real deal'....Laney and I did it last year with John and Jean and Jimmy, and Roy and Paul and what a fine, fun group it was.....good food, good fun.....all that and Ben Odel too......how could it get any better. Smile
Ya'll have a good 'un,
rh
Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2007 12:25 pm    

The Real Deal Is Right!

So To the TOP!
Ernest Cawby

Post  Posted 17 Jan 2007 7:24 pm     show

Jimmy am I invited to this one??????????????????

ERNIE
Jack Conyer

Lake Park, Georgia * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2007 8:41 pm    

Hi Jimmy, I hope you have a little spot in the show for me, looking forward to a fine show, You over did yourself again!!!
a find show as always.
Jimmy Powell

Westville, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2007 5:47 pm    

Jack and Mr. Ernie, You both know you are welcome. Come on down.........Powell
Ron Bryson

Bonifay, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2007 6:29 pm    

Bump^
Paul Polish

Concord,NC,Usa
Post  Posted 30 Jan 2007 5:27 am    

Jimmy P.
Thanks for inviting us back this year. Dee and I are looking forward to it.
We had such a good time ,last year, that we couldn't wait for the next trip. Getting close now.
You folks over there made us feel like we've been part of the show forever,and that it was not just our first trip. We thank you for that.
As Roy said, John Hughey is worth the price of admission ALONE!! Such a SUPERSTAR and all around GREAT GUY.

This year you ALSO get the unique and extremely creative "RANDY BEAVERS" WOW!! What a show shaping up here.
Just ask him to play his version of HALF AS MUCH..OK!!
I really like it, and I think you will too.. Smile Very Happy

See you in a few weeks.
Love,
Paul and Dee
Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2007 9:51 am     BUMP

Got to get you a bump on this great show you have lined up Jimmy.

YEP !!!!! Last year was a good one also. Got to see Laney's Steel Man,,,,,,,,, oh yeah,,,,, Better still Laney !!!!! Your got it Russ. All that good stuff and Laney to. WOW !!!!!!

BUMP TO TOP

Ben O'Dell
Jack Conyer

Lake Park, Georgia * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2007 1:06 pm     Blountstown Jam

Jimmy Powell wrote:
Jack and Mr. Ernie, You both know you are welcome. Come on down.........Powell

Thanks Jimmy, If you don't mined, could you put me on early
I'm playing a gig Sat.nite,in Lake Park.but I got plenty of time, Don't wont to miss this steel show!!! the best around, looking forward to it. Jack Very Happy
Ernest Cawby

Post  Posted 2 Feb 2007 8:53 pm    

Jack you know Jimmy always starts the show with you and I, also the Montgomery show, remember, see you there.
Carol is comming down from Montgomery to take us, because our car is broke and the Van is in the shop. Also some Lake city folk are comming also. Laughing

ernie
Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2007 5:59 am    

Less than a month to go, I can hardly wait. I have to play up in Level Plains Alabama that night so I'm going to miss the last couple hours but it will be nice to see everyone again! I'll be there when the doors open!

JW
Ernest Cawby

Post  Posted 7 Feb 2007 8:41 pm     Bluntstown Show

Jimmy What Jack Goodson told me about you is hard to bvelieve, but it was all good, Jack G. you have to come to this one, don't miss it.

Jack Conyer what is a little driving to a big BEAR like you and sandra, see you there.

ernie
Paul Polish

Concord,NC,Usa
Post  Posted 13 Feb 2007 3:18 pm    

Just a bump for Jimmy Powell and The Blountstown show about 11 days away.
Gettin' Ready, Paul and Dee

Featuring a fantastic duo: John Hughey and Randy Beavers
Jim Walker

Headland, AL
Post  Posted 14 Feb 2007 9:29 am    

Less than two weeks!

This is going to be a great show, I know it in my heart. Last years show in Blountstown was the first steel show I had ever been to. Now I go to all the shows I can. What an inspiration the shows have become to me. I practice sometimes as much as 8 hours a day in the hopes to one day honor the players that inspired me by carrying on the music and the knowledge. I'm also looking forward to just visiting with my friends again.

See Ya'll Soon!
Jim

Spring City, Tn. Bledsoe * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 11:15 am    

Howdy at ya, and best of luck to you Jimmy. your pal---Larry
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 5:17 pm    

Would love to, be there, but I've got the weekend booked with a group I've playing more with from New Orleans. Tell everyone "Hello", and have a great show........HAL
Jack Dougherty

Spring Hill, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 17 Feb 2007 7:51 am    

I would love to be there myself....
This is really a fun show.
So I'm sending Ernie Cawby.....

J