| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Remarkable Child Prodigy
Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2007 2:21 pm    

Didn't know where to post this,but felt I had to pass it on.PJ. .

If you would like to see examples of her artwork and a picture of her see her website here: http://www.artakiane.com/home.htm
A. J. Schobert

Cincinnati, Ohio,
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2007 2:59 pm    

Now if she could play PSG she would put alot of guys out of work!
Mark Edwards

Weatherford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2007 3:09 pm    

Papa Joe here is a clip of that sweet little girl javascript:ol('http://tinyurl.com/yxewot'); I hope this works.
Mark Edwards

Weatherford,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2007 3:10 pm    

Not sure how that works, but if you go to the site you'll be impressed. If anyone can get that to work I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Mat Rhodes

Lexington, KY, USA
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2007 3:19 pm    

She has really tapped into something...

Thanks for posting it.
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 15 Feb 2007 6:16 pm    

Papa,

Thanks so much for posting this! I love her work! Well, she says it best herself, GOD has given her this gift and it is to share with others.

Next, I teach visual arts and to ages 5 through 9 years old. I have taught close to 6,000 students in the past 9 years, and have not seen anyone ever her age that paints or creates her quality of art. Also I myself was a portrait painter and used to get commissions for that. I quit because of the time and difficulty in dealing with individuals. My professors wanted me to become a courtroom artist. That's also another story.

Anyhow, as a Christian I really appreciate her sharing her gift and acknowledging the true source of it. Thank you again and

May GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Matthew Prouty

Warsaw, Poland
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 5:37 am    

I saw this girl on TV they said her mom was an atheist (sic?).

She had painted some scenes that were so trippy and celestial that I cannot even begin to imagine where she drew her inspriration...

Really wild watching her paint, and believe me painting ain't easy. I tried painting while in Korea (all my money was spent in Itaewon and pay day was a week off) and there is so much complexity to it and so much technique. Needless to say I gave up.

M.
LARRY COLE

LANCASTER, OHIO, USA
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 5:51 am    

I can click on it from the email link and it works fine but if I click on it here or type it in I get an error message on my Windows Media Player. I don't understand it.

http://tinyurl.com/yxewot

(You might have to copy and paste the website, or just type it in)
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 6:48 am    

Hi Matthew,

Your correct about painting it is a whole complex set of things. Like music or steel guitars everybody is different in technique, talent, etc.

Also you mentioned that her mother is a professing atheist. Well, Madeline O'Hare claimed to be an atheist. I read about her life story as told by her son. He turned out to be a Christian. By the way she was that worked so hard to influence our government into passing the law to prohibit prayer in the American public schools.

If you read the BIBLE and especially the Old Testament you will find that some of the leadres of the early Hebrew children were wicked and done evil in the sight of GOD. Yet some of their children or grandchildren would turn out to be very righteous in the sight of GOD. Kinda of fits in with these two parents and their children.

The BIBLE says we are accountable for everything we do. I believe this with all my heart and this is the most important reason why I take my job as an elementary art teacher of over 500 students per year so seriously. Also my job as teacher of Children's Church where we attend on Sunday mornings.

Next, please bare with me for this, for I am not trying to preach to anyone here, but share with you and those who might read this. I think the apostle Paul said it best about the atheists in Romans 1: 18-25

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to buirds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleaness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Who changed the truth of God intro a lie, and worshipped and served the creatuere more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."

The Bible says that "The Fool hath said in his heart there is no God."

Maybe some really believe in their minds or hearts that there is no God. Satan is a Master Deciever and the Father of all lies!
They may very well be blinded by the Truth of The Living God!

THe Apostle Paul goes on to say later in I Corinthians 15:16:

"If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable."

GOD bless!

Terry Wood
Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 6:52 am    

Isn't this a bit off-topic for "Steel Players"?

"Other Topics," maybe?

Respectfully,

Chris
Papa Joe Pollick

Swanton, Ohio
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 7:46 am    

I posted this to give a heads up on a very remarkable child,not to start a religious discussion.
b0b you can close it if you see a problem.Thanks.PJ
Terry Wood

Lebanon, MO
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 9:25 am    

What I posted, I did so not trying to start a religious discussion.

However, this gifted child herself states that GOD has given her the ability to createart. I spoke from my experiences as a veteran teacher and as a former professional visual artist.

That's the end of my posting on this topic!

May GOD bless each of you!

Terry Wood
Mike Baxter

Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Post  Posted 16 Feb 2007 10:59 am    

. . . Treading lightly here!

I found these pictures incredible - and obviously wonderful if it were so!
BUT, maybe there is some cause to be a wee bit skeptical. (There again, maybe there is not!)

The link at: http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=71646
has some comments along with a link to this letter:

Akiane's mother Ferelli Krameric was a friend and neighbor of my mom when her family lived in coal Creek canyon, Colorado during 2002/2003. She was also associated with the Boulder Colorado "Urantia Book" Religious organization, of which my mother is a member. We believe that there are many questionable circumstances surrounding Akiane's status as a child prodigy. Firstly, her mother is a painter in very much the same vein. In fact, one of the paintings on Akiane's website is virtually identical to a piece which was hanging in their living room, and was represented to us as being created by Ferelli. Also, Ferelli was avidly searching for a model for a portrait of Jesus that SHE wanted to paint. She constantly talked about Akiane being the second coming of Christ; time traveling, unusual dreams, profetic quotes, etc. To us, the child acted and spoke as a normal seven year old kid. When her mother would conduct such rantings about the child, Akiane appeared upset and annoyed about the stories.

There also seems to be a major reluctance to demonstrate in front of an independent personnel Akiane painting a picture from beginning to end.

. . . Just trying to show another possibility.