| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  For Serious Webb Lovers.
Ray DeVoe

Hudson, FL
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2007 12:44 pm    

Well, I have wrestled long enough over a decision as to selling my last remaining Webb. This is a serious amp. It is a custom built White Webb 614 E head with 2 matching white Webb 15" cabinets. This is the "ultimate" light weight custom amp setup.
It looks great whether piggy backed or with the cabinets set off to each side. It also comes with the matching remote reverb control.

The amp is in beautiful condition as I have only ever taken it out of my music room a couple of times over the past several years. Its a real collectors item.

I'm offering this amp for sale as stated below. This will allow a purchaser the choice of his own, or my speakers. Shipping is not included in pricing. Local pickup welcome but can ship if required.

Head and 2 empty cabinets, $1050.00.

Head and cabinets with BW 1501-4 speakers, $1250.00

Head and cabinets with reconed JBL K 130-8 speakers, $1350.00. (speakers reconed by Woody Woodell)

Moving and down sizing is forcing me to finally sell off a lot of my collection.

* I have been asked to sell just one cabinet. Please note that I will not break up this complete package.

Thanks
Ray DeVoe
David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2007 4:41 pm    

Gee I wish I had the $$$. That is one beauty indeed! Someone better jump on this before I start breaking into the kids piggy banks...

As many of you already know, Ray is an outstanding person to deal with and you can bet it is in better condition than he mentions. He has that sickness called "perfectionist" and I know he is shedding tears even thinking about letting this Webb go.
Dave
Melvin Farmer

Saraland, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2007 7:08 pm    

Ray, you have mail.

Hudson, FL
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2007 8:00 pm     pending

It looks like Melvin is the proud owner of a fine amp once payment is received.

Donation will be sent.

Thanks
Ray DeVoe
Keith Ballmer

Traverse City, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 6 Feb 2007 4:10 pm     WEBB

Your going to miss that amp...and the person who buys it is going to have a new girlfriend! Laughing
Ray DeVoe

Hudson, FL
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2007 3:25 am    

Yep, you guys are right. I will miss this amp but its more of a collectors item than one I can use out. These good old smoke and choke clubs I play would soon turn that white "yellow" and I was not about to do that.

The fellow who "adopted" it does not play out in clubs and he will give it a good new home.Smile Its does not even have to go through the UPS "break everything" process as its being hand delivered and picked up.

Thanks for all of the plugs on this and my other equipment that I have sold.

Good stuff sells easy. It was kind of like the "old" days. A Webb only lasted a few hours before someone grabbed it.

Thanks
Ray DeVoe
James Quackenbush

Pomona, New York, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2007 4:01 pm    

Hey Ray,
Selling a rig like that would probably put me in the hospital being short of breath !!!..... Very Happy Laughing Laughing .....Jim
Ray DeVoe

Hudson, FL
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2007 5:21 pm    

Hi James.

I had to be like the little choo choo that said, I think I can, I think I can. LOL

It only hurts for a little bit.

My Lake Charles buddy, David H. was right behind me all the way saying , you can do it.

I guess I beat you to the downsizing move. Your turn is coming.
But no matter what they told you, life will go on. Smile

Good hearing from you
Ray
Justin Griffith

Taylor, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2007 10:20 pm    

I am glad Melvin ended up with the amp. As you stated it is going to a good home. I got a Dual Showman Reverb from him. What a great guy to deal with.
Melvin Farmer

Saraland, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2007 6:43 pm    

Thanks Justin, hope you like the Showman.
My son met Ray in Birmingham, & picked up the Webb for me.
I can't wait to get my hands on it for the first time.
I've never played a Webb amplifier, but have heard nothing but good things about them. I've been playing thru a Super Twin Reverb & 2 15" JBL D130F speakers. I may not play very good, but I sure will be looking good when I get those beautiful white Webb cabinets & that Webb head set up on stage.
I can't thank Ray DeVoe enough for the extra mile he went to deliver it to Birmingham. Thanks Ray, & if its OK with you, I would like to send the donation on this sale to the forum.
One last thing, I have (2) Super Twin reverbs, 1 in a head only cabinet & 1 complete amp. I may have to sell one of these when the wife finds out about my new "Girlfriend". If anyone is interested, shoot me a email. Thanks again Ray

Saraland, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2007 7:50 pm    

Donation sent. Thanks Ray

Hudson, FL
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2007 3:15 am     Re: Thanks

Ray DeVoe wrote:
Thanks Melvin for your purchase.

I dont know what to say except that even if you claim your playing is marginal, you are a first class guy. Smile

Thanks very much for making the donation to the forum. Its a terrific "tool" for players of all levels and ages.

I still like the story I was told by your son as to your recent acquisition of a new Steel Guitar. When it comes to equipment, go for it Smile

Thanks
Ray DeVoe
Quote:
"If you cant tell it like it is, Dont tell it at all"