| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Is It Wise To Sidestep Traditionalism On Occasion?
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2012 10:10 am    

Mr. Joe,Are you sidestepping poo-poo or as your saddle partner Dr. Bill says [The systematic emphasis on the value of tradition]By the way that was a short trip. .YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC. Smile

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2012 1:46 pm    

Your right on two Counts..Bill is a good friend and I have fun dodging your T.in C. post taken too serious by him..The Bill I know does not get on here to to put anyone down..Just think how much happier you would be not opening his post.. Laughing
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 7 Dec 2012 9:24 pm    

Mr. Joe,Dr. Bill never puts anyone down Question Guess you missed the posts where he did just that.And he denied that he did.It seems he and some of his friends thinks he is ENTITLED to make some of the most unintelligible and incomprehensible posts,and if ANYONE calls him out then they are the BAD guys.A couple of times over the years [just once or twice] he made a post that was NORMAL and sensible.That PROVES he makes these nonsensible post on purpose.Being a friend maybe you can explain why he does this.Is he a narcissist,does he just crave attention and controversy ? Can't think of any logical reason why he does this. :eek:YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Post  Posted 8 Dec 2012 6:09 am    

Charlie, Why are you bothered by something or someone you can easily avoid?? Confused You as I and every Forum member has a right or privelege to post..The Contents are open for discussion..But targeting a poster each and everytime he post seems to be all a certain few enjoy rather than truly shareing their knowlege on any subject..Its easy to challenge if one has all the answers..But as I see it people who say the most usually have little to say.. Laughing Think about it.. Laughing Laughing Very Happy Very Happy Devil
Bo Legg

Post  Posted 8 Dec 2012 7:16 am    

Can we really break down Bill Hankey’s topics of complex concept into less complex language without degrading the understanding of the concept or can it maintain all it's relations and objects?

Your simple language could change the understanding or perception of a complex concept.

Can certain thoughts exist without specific words to wrap them in, or are some thoughts dependent on the vocabulary/language?

You can convey a great deal of information in one sentence if your vocabulary is extensive enough to allow you this liberty.
Example: Most replies to Bill’s topics could be defined in this one Bill Hankeyish sentence as
an endless series of nonsensical outbreaks of pointless expounding.
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 8 Dec 2012 8:07 am    

Oh well,
Laughing
Sometimes a word is worth a thousand pictures..
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 8 Dec 2012 8:22 am    

Ok b0b,trying to make any sense out of nonsense is a failed project.. Crying or Very sad
Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 8 Dec 2012 8:22 am    

Quote:
But as I see it people who say the most usually have little to say..

Yes, Joe, and Bill says a lot..
I bear no ill will against him, but when his posts invariably start to descend into one of those baseless rants (against capos for example,) well, you know ... Rolling Eyes
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 8 Dec 2012 9:05 am    

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 8 Dec 2012 10:17 am    

Mr. Joe,You stated [Bill does not get on here to put anyone down]Do you want some examples ? Smile YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Post  Posted 8 Dec 2012 2:03 pm    

Not really.. Laughing
Bo Legg

Post  Posted 9 Dec 2012 8:53 am    

Bill I continue on in this topic of yours, though it is severely lacking in useful information or entertainment value.
I must admit that I find your penchant for utilitarianism rather irresistible, especially given that you're pretentious the rest of the time, but then we all at times do what we mustn’t.
Joe your effort to provide socially acceptable reasons for Bill’s alleged inappropriate behavior as per my previous endeavors in this regard fall on deaf ears.
Stuart Legg

Post  Posted 9 Dec 2012 9:09 am    

So Bo what your saying is when you reply to Bill's topics choose from the larger box of big work chunks.
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2012 1:17 pm    

Mr. Joe,Those are some neat graphics [images] you post. Maybe you could make one for Dr. Hankey on how to abstain from an impulse to make these unintelligible incomprehensible post with language having NO meaning or conveying NO intelligible ideas.I understand being as brilliant as he is it may be hard to communicate with someone like me.[AS you said I'm NOT as educated as Dr. Bill] Could you teach him to convey information in laymans terms and common sense. Very Happy YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

London,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2012 6:03 pm    

I believe Bill quit this one somewhere on the 7th page...not wanting to step in any more 'cowplops'...
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 9 Dec 2012 6:53 pm    

Right you are Bent.. Sad
Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2012 11:37 pm    

Seems hard to get a commitment from Dr. Bill's peanut gallery. Whoa! Shocked Laughing YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC.

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 9 Dec 2012 11:47 pm     I don't know what to call this anymore.

Maybe we should call it The Grand Soap Opry.
Joe Casey

Post  Posted 10 Dec 2012 8:09 am    

People who have nothing to do usually wind up doing it on the Forum..Mostly on Bill Hankeys postings..And Yes charlie I do see where Bill returned your insults with that of his own.. Laughing And yes you shouldn't try to match wits with him at only "half strength".. Laughing Like you I don't have any sense so I post nonsense...You betcha.. Laughing Laughing

Charles Davidson

Phenix City Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2012 9:53 am    

Mr. Joe, You just proved my point.I'm sorry just stringing a bunch of five dollar words together that are unintelligible,incomprehensible,nonsense,does not make a great communicater.Of course it's your prerogative to think Dr. Bill is this brilliant intellectual and anyone that does not agree with his nonsense is an uneducated buffon.All I [and a few others] have asked him and you to just explain why he makes these indecipherable posts instead of speaking in normal terms that everyone can understand.ONCE AGAIN,can YOU or He explain WHY he does this.YOU BETCHA,DYK?BC. Confused

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 10 Dec 2012 9:56 am    

Nothing about steel guitar on this page. It's amazing that you folks have spent the last 6 days criticizing Bill Hankey. What's with that, anyway? If you must respond, do it in Forum Feedback. This topic is
<center>
CLOSED!
</center>