| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Central Oklahoma Pedal Steel Guitar Club one year old now!!!
James Morehead

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2007 2:38 pm    

We have our first year under our belts now, and we are building momentum!! We, as a club are experiencing positive growth in ideas and membership. Some methods we went by have played out, and some NEW approaches will be adopted.

One big plus is we are now forming our house band. Anyone interested in participating can contact Byron McKedy, our Music Director. Temporarily, email me at shobud@windstream.net and I'll forward to Byron, for the houseband/music questions. Direct contact will soon be established for this.

Another fine thing for us, is we now have a nice building to meet at, WITHOUT booking conflicts. So we can settle in and get down to the buisness of what we love to do best---play steel guitar music!!

A new website will appear in the near future, by way of our Website Director, George "Georgeboard" Piburn

Soon from our Secretary/Treasure, Lorren White, more good ideas will becoming along--to soon to anounce yet. There will be many exciting ideas blossom soon--stay tuned!!

These are new positive, forward advancing bits of progress we as a club will benefit and grow from.

I want to also announce at this time that our seminar will be canceled for tha August 25th meeting, and there after, until further notice. Likely the seminars will resume in a couple months, and we will give announcement.

See Ya'll Aug 25th!!!
James Morehead / President COPSGC
James Morehead

Post  Posted 20 Aug 2007 5:24 am    

bumpske Smile
john buffington

Owasso OK - USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2007 8:32 am    

Happy Birthday and congratulations on your first year from all of us here at the OSGA..
John Buffington
James Morehead

Post  Posted 20 Aug 2007 4:45 pm    

Thanx John, you guys are PURE hospitable at the OSGA!!! Cool
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2007 5:38 pm     One year old

John, one can count on you and the OSGA for good words and support. I'm sure you have memories of when OSGA started. Our progress is showing! Thank you for your kind words
Gerald Cook

Lexington, OK USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 8:28 am    

Wheeww! Has it been a year already? I would have swore it was 10 Laughing Many more to go, too. Gerald
Larry Strawn

Golden Valley, Arizona, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 10:15 am     Congratulations!

James and everyone , congrats on the first year, I know how hard it is to organize anything of this size, and getting folks to agree on things. Very Happy

I've probably mentioned it before, but I'm a transplanted "Okie" out here in Az. I was born and raised down around Valliant, and Idabel.

Just wish I could be there to join in with you and give a helping hand and enjoy the good times.

Larry Very Happy
Gerald Cook

Lexington, OK USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 12:31 pm    

Larry, then you know what ticks & chiggers are all about. I bet you know where Lane, OK is. That's where all of my kinfolk are from. Spent a many of deer seasons down there.....still do on occassions. If you're ever up this way, stop in at one of our meetings and play. We meet every last Saturday of the month in Tuttle, OK.
Garry Simpson

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 12:38 pm    

Gerald, I know where Tuttle is. I went to high school in Lindsay, Ok. and still have family there. I've lived in Owensboro, Ky. for the last seven years, in 130 days I head back to Sapulpa, Ok.

Sounds like you guys have a great club, good luck and I look forward to seeing your website.

Garry
Larry Strawn

Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 12:53 pm    

Gerald,

The ticks and chiggers are a couple of the things I DON'T miss about back there! Very Happy

Miss all the good people, and the fishing, I quit deer hunting when I found out it's easier to put my bass boat in the lake than carry a deer out of the woods! Laughing

I still have some folks in Idabel, and kids in Valliant, and Broken Bow, So I might surprise ya'll and drop in some time.

I'm wishing ya'll the best for the upcoming year for the club, sounds like things are coming together. Very Happy

Larry
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 1:15 pm    

All you transplanted Okies need to return and pay us a visit. We appreciate your congrad's.
Joe W. Gilbert

Minco, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 6:06 pm    

Larry I thought that Idabel, Valiant and Broken Bow were in Ark. I hear the water runs clear down there. And the moomshine too. lol
If you do get the chance to get back this way your are sure welcome here.
Joe
Larry Strawn

Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 7:08 pm    

Joe,
You're pretty close to right about being in Ark. Not but about 30 miles to the state line from Idabel. Very Happy

Sure appreciate all the invites, hopefully I can make it some time.

And I'm way past the moonshine whisky, but I remember it quite well!! Laughing

Larry
James Morehead

Post  Posted 24 Aug 2007 4:57 am    

Hey Larry, Thanx for the kind words!!
I used to get over to Idabell and pick once in a while---beautiful country!! Cool
Larry Wayne Jaques

Marietta, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2007 5:51 am    

James and All,
Congratulations on your one year anniversary.

I too am originally from Oklahoma, Hinton to be exact. West of OKC about 50 miles. Went to college in Weatherford.

We are moving back to OK for retirement. In fact we put a contract on a house in Edmond last week and expect to move in 1st or 2nd Quarter, 2008.

Looking forward to coming to Tuttle to be part of the group.
Larry
Curt Shoemaker

Ionia, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2007 7:56 am    

Congratulations to the COPSGC on the one year anniversary!! I'm happy to be a small part of this group. The miles are such that I can't make many of the monthly meetings however, I get to work in the OKC area alot with some fine Oklahoma musicians. Keep up the great work, and all the fun. Very Happy Shoe
James Morehead

Post  Posted 24 Aug 2007 10:39 am    

Larry, We look forward to meeting you, Come on when you are ready!!

Thanx for the kind words, Shoe. You are welcome anytime!! Cool
James Morehead

Post  Posted 25 Aug 2007 5:41 am    

See ya there today!! Cool Cool