| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Oklahoma: COPSGC Monthly Jam, Aug. 25th
Gerald Cook

Lexington, OK USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2007 9:04 am    

Hey guys & gals, COPSGC will be having their monthly jam session on August 25th starting at noon. We changed to a different location last month and will be having it at the same location. For those of you that didn't make it last month, this will be located at the Tuttle Senior Citizens Center. It is one mile west of the traffic light in town (yes we have 2 lights Laughing)on the south side of the highway inside the park. Hope to see a good crowd there. Gerald
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2007 7:11 pm     August 25th Meeting

I plan to be there. Hope it's as good a turn out as last time. For those who didn't attend you missed a great time. Let's make this one of our best for attendance.
James Morehead

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Aug 2007 12:19 pm    

Yee Haww--it's going to be a great meeting!! Come one--Come all!! Cool
James Morehead

Post  Posted 9 Aug 2007 12:21 pm    

Yee Haww--it's going to be a great meeting!! Come one--Come all!! There are many "forward moving changes" that are coming into the mix--so come and enjoy!! Cool
James Morehead

Post  Posted 12 Aug 2007 9:34 am    

bump for a great time!! Very Happy
Gerald Cook

Lexington, OK USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2007 6:00 am    

Hey guys & gals. Just got back from vacation in the Rockies. Had a coooool time Very Happy Hey, let's hear from more steelers that plan on making this meeting. Now that we've tested the waters on getting this club started, it's time to crank this "thang" up! We're working on a lot of new things and a lot of great guys volunteering their time to make it happen. Let's show our support by trying to attend and have a great time! Gerald
Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2007 6:43 am    

Welcome home Gerald....you make me nostalgic for the vacation trips through the Rockies that me and the wife always did on our Harley every year.

As you know, I quit playing about five years ago so I don't have much to offer musically anymore, but I plan to be there for whatever moral support I can offer to you guys who are working so hard to make the club a success.

Hoping to see lots of old friends at the next meeting.

Gene
Jim Harper

Comanche, Oklahoma, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2007 10:04 am    

We plan on being there also but i have a bass player and great guitar picker coming with me.Hope to see every one==Jim Harper
Gerald Cook

Lexington, OK USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2007 1:14 pm    

Gene, we seen a lot of "big bikes" on our trip. Makes me wish I never got rid of my Gold Wing. The trip was great.....well except for those 2 black bears that came into our camp Whoa! Hope to goodness you can make it!! Mr. Jim, it's going to be a treat to hear and see you back again!! Sounds like we're gearing toward a great afternoon with some awesome music. Let's hear from some more Very Happy
James Morehead

Post  Posted 16 Aug 2007 4:20 am    

There ya go Gene, funnin' us again!! Truth be known, we all are trying to "hang" with Gene and Jim---nobody's done that yet!! Laughing Laughing Cool
Ernie Dunlap

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 16 Aug 2007 11:38 am     Hey James!

Had a great time at the last meeting and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Ernie Dunlap
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2007 6:12 pm     August Meeting

What a treat to return from a week at Eurika Springs and see that Jones & Harper are on the return list. With the two that Jim Harper is bringing and the return of Mr. Dunlap there will probably be dancing on the tables! For the players that have come in the past hope you will make a show and see the improvements made and will be made in the future. With this type of support we are just on the edge of being a great club for the Steel Guitar and it's members. I'm really getting excited!
Jim Harper

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2007 7:21 am    

Thank you Loren, i hope i can make it espically after i have invited my friend,s==Jim Harper
Leroy Wood

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2007 1:26 pm    

Sounds like this meeting will be A great one,
unfortunately, I wont be able to be there. A large
group of family and friends will be at Lake Tenkiller, better known as "GODS" country. I hope to be there next time. Leroy Wood
James Morehead

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2007 2:52 pm    

Come and enjoy the regular meeting/jam that starts at noon Saturday August 25th!!

However, COPSGC will NOT have a seminar the morning of Aug 25, and there after until further announcement. Conflict of schedule.

Remember, everyone is welcome who is interested in playing music or just coming by to listen. You don't need to be a steel player to attend. We need fiddlers, bass players drummers, vocalist, ect, to join in the fun also!! It takes EVERYONE to have a good jam!!
Gary Shepherd

Fox, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2007 3:01 pm    

Looks like I might miss out again. Getting my gallbladder cut out on Monday. Probably will not feel like traveling for a few days. If I feel up to it, maybe I'll make it but it looks doubtful at this point.

Carter D-10 & Peavey Nashville 1000

www.16tracks.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
James Morehead

Post  Posted 18 Aug 2007 3:22 pm    

Hope for you the best Gary, Speedy recovery, my friend!!
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2007 5:09 pm    

Gary, sorry to hear of the surgery that you are facing. I have been down that road and can verify that you will feel better after you recover. You will be in my prayers for a safe and speedy recovery.
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2007 5:13 pm     Gallbladder

Sorry double entry
Jim Harper

Post  Posted 19 Aug 2007 5:59 pm    

Good luck Gary, and get well==Jim
Gerald Cook

Lexington, OK USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2007 11:44 am    

Hey Gary, that'll be a piece of cake. Had mine out on a Friday and was playing the next Tuesday Laughing . Good to hear from everyone that'll be there. Sounds like we'll fold back a few more tables to make room.
Gerald Cook

Lexington, OK USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 8:23 am    

Just 2 more days Very Happy Rain or shine, we'll have some great music. Hey Gary, how ya feelin'? Hope to see some new faces as well as old. Hey Richard Brown, where are you?
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 1:23 pm    

I notice Gerald said he was playing in three days didn't say antything about singing. Yes it's only one more day and several we haven't heard from. We keep getting closer to Minco and haven't heard from no show Joe. Maybe the rains got him. Let us hear from all of you so we know how far to move the tables!
Lorren White

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 1:25 pm     Gallblatter

Anyone think Gary will look any different than his picture after his gallblatter reomoved"
Joe W. Gilbert

Minco, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2007 5:59 pm    

Well Loren, Hate to say that I'm going to make this one after all the last no shows, but am going to try to make it. There are some bridges out between here and there, but one is still standing. If anyone is using Hwy 81 there is a detour just south of town. The news media apparently doesn't think it is that important, as they haven't mentioned it. It will be closed until sometime in September. Later Joe