| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Differing Pedals on Multi-Kords
Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2007 7:45 pm    

I just restored a 6-string Multi-Kord, and I'm in the process of converting an 8-string Multi-Kord to modern pedals and knee levers.

I noticed that the original pedals vary between Multi-Kords...

The second set seems so mismatched compared to the first...
Jim Kinley

California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2007 8:27 am    

Alan,

The top photo shows standard Multi Kord pedals. The main difference over various models was the pedals connector to the cable. Some were single point connections to the pedal and some were u-shaped with two holes in the pedal body. All were cast metal.

The bottom photo appears to show a mix of original cast pedals, some cast pedals possibly from a gibson and replacement pedals made of steel.

I hope you run some updates of your project to install pedals and knee levers on your eight string. That will be informative to see your approach.
Alan Brookes

Brummy living in Southern California
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2007 4:50 pm    

Yes Jim, I will. I've bought some Aluminum angle iron, from which I intend to build the frame. It's light and strong. I've noticed that Multi-Kords tend to wobble when you depress the keys. I've also bought a stock of pulleys, a set of Emmons pedals, and some wire. The only thing holding me up right now is that I'm also restoring a Fender Stringmaster and I'm building four lap steels and a resonator guitar. So the Multi-Kord is going to take several months, but there's no hurry.