| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1st song written for my wife with Bagpipes and Pedal Steel
Billy Woo

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2007 2:19 pm    

I know this may not mean much to most folks but I just completed writing and recording my first song to my wife, Becky Woo in my studio using sampled bagpipes and of course, pedal steel. It turned out pretty good and the big thing is as you get older you never say the things you always intended to say especially in regards to songwriter/musicians who have wives that basically put up with hours of down time while their husbands are writing and recording. I wish I knew how to post the song on here but I guess my point is "Say what you want before time runs out". Name of the song is "I'm All for you" Sorta along the lines of The Beatles meet Big Country, the song is a birthday present for Becky for those of you who know her, she is really a terrific gal.

Bronco Billy aka
Billy Woo
Los Angeles, CA
steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2007 8:36 pm     LOVE TO HEAR IT

Heh, Billym, can you post a link so we can hear it? Steve t
erik

Post  Posted 22 Jul 2007 5:37 am    

Well Billy, bagpipes just happens to be another of my favorite instruments. I would like to hear it also. There are various ways to make this possible. You can email it to a forum member who can host it for you. You can use a free upload site to make it available for free download, or you can open an account with an MP3 hosting site that only allows streaming. www.reverbnation.com is a quality site you can use.

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2007 8:08 am    

Billy, email the MP3 to me and I'd be glad to host it for you. donpoland@steelin4fun.com
Billy Woo

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2007 7:54 am     Re: Sending MP3 problem?

I tried that reverbnation also tried tune core but bottom line is my song is posted in my itunes but itunes is pretty iffy about transferring stuff to other outside sources for some reason, I was able to transfer to my ipod but when I clicked the browse menu I didnt know what itunes exe or whatever to pick from to download the song. I could send it to Don (Via Cd) if he was willing unless someone else can figure a positive solution. Sorry bout the delay in this but it is a nice tune or so Im told.

Billy Woo aka
Bronco Billy
P.s. Hi Steve Nee How Ma
Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2007 2:20 pm    

Billy, send it to me any way you can and I will be glad to host it for you. I will PM you with my address.
erik

Post  Posted 24 Jul 2007 5:23 pm    

You need a basic .MP3 extention to post on most sites. You probably saved your tune on your mac in proprietary form like AAC. On a PC if you right click on the file and then click properties it will tell you the file extension.

Can you at least tell us the size of the file? You may have restrictions on your email account. Gmail allows up to a 20mb file.

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2007 2:25 pm     Thanks to Don Poland, the music is in the mail

Erik and Steve, today Don told me I could mail the cd to him and he would host it and so hopefully in a week's time you should be able to hear this song through the gracious efforts of Don. Erik I tried to click the right button on the mouse and the only thing it mentioned was convert to ACC and I tried that but still couldnt get anywhere well the important thing is today's my wife's birthday (Becky) and she'll get steak dinner and a very personal song from yours truly. Hope y'all like it, it's not exactly country but it does have bagpipes and pedal steel guitar.

Truly,

Billy Woo aka
Bronco Billy
Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2007 1:14 pm    

Glad to help Billy Very Happy

Folks, you can listen to it here
erik

Post  Posted 30 Jul 2007 2:23 pm    

That's really nice, Billy. I bet your wife was very happy. Sounds like a Power Pop thing you've got going there. It's the kind of song you might here on a sitcom or movie with 20 somethings. After the break that crunch guitar made me think of ACDC. Thanks for sharing and congratulations for having such a good friend as Becky. Smile

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2007 6:34 am     Thanks to Don for hosting my song for the wife

Special thanks to Don for posting the tune for becky also thanks to Erik for the kind words about the tune which as you know is not country but more rock which is pretty much my earlier influence finally special thanks to Becky for putting up with this crazy old fart.I'd appreciate any opinions from you old time rock n rollers out there if you get a chance and listen to the tune, it was recorded on my Roland VS-2480.

Thanks alot guys, what a great bunch.
Billy Woo aka
Bronco Billy