| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  clark custom guitar?
Byron K. McKedy

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 3:41 pm    

I just got a clark sd-10,sr#-144 and its got awesome tone. Is there anyone here in oklahoma that can work on these,I need to change it from day set up to emmon's set up on pedals and change some knee levers to.I was going to try this myself but after many hours of staring at the rods and levers and gizzmoes all I got was a headache Rolling Eyes
Can anybody help me out here with some info. on this?
Thanks
Byron
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 6:09 pm    

Byron I owned a D-10 Clack at one time. Great guitars.
Mr, Jim Clark that built your guitar still lives in Owaso OK. just outside of Tulsa.
I don't have his phone number, but everyone around Tulsa knows Jim Clark.
Byron K. McKedy

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 6:16 pm    

Fred, thanks for that info., I didn't know he was still around. I will try to locate him. I think I'm really going to like this Clark if I can get it set up for me. It's a really cool guitar that I lucked into! Thanks.
Byron
Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2007 6:40 pm    

I had two Clark Custom guitars, my first was a pull/release type, a beautiful natural top with red aprons. I only played it a year or two until I wanted to try some different setups. I then got an all pull D10 that I owned for about 20 years. It sounded and played great, but weighed a ton and was almost impossible to change the setup on. I always had access to machine shop equipment so I was able to make the parts I needed to change setups. Finally, about '93, I bought a Williams with a modern style changer. I could change a pedal setup in just a few minutes. I thought I'd died and went to heaven.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, a restored MSA Classic SS, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Also a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored Rose S10, named the "Blue Bird". Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also have a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks, and a showroom condition Sho-Bud Super Pro.