| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Green Bay 50s Fest Jeremy Wakefield
Tom Zielinski

Buffalo, New York, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2007 5:56 am    

I made it out to Green Bay last weekend to check out about 60 different, rockabilly, honkytonk, jump and jazz bands. It was real cool.

After a few years of hearing him on cd, I finally got a chance to see JW perform in person (and I even videotaped the Biller & Wakefield set). He is a real laid back guy, plays a lot different than most players I hear and knows a ton of tunes. He had the old D8 ric and it sounded real sweet. I also caught him with Dave Stuckey and the Lucky Stars.

If you get the chance, check him out!
Drew Howard

Post  Posted 24 May 2007 6:02 am    

Did you see the Starlight Drifters? My buddy Chris Casello is the monster picker in that band.
Dave Zielinski

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2007 12:37 pm    

i dont go to those festivals- way too much talent. last time i came home, put all the guitars in a pile, ripped out a match and lighter fluid.

cost me way too much to replace them all so i could hack at them.

hahahaha!
Jussi Huhtakangas

Helsinki, Finland
Post  Posted 24 May 2007 9:57 pm    

Hey Tom, just wanted to say it was good to meet you there!! What an exhausting but fun week, dontcha think!! Cool
Tom Zielinski

Buffalo, New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 May 2007 9:12 am    

Drew, I missed the Starlight Drifters but have three of their CDs. They are pretty good. I would have liked to see them.

Jussi, that whole show was way too surreal. So many great talents in one place. Pete and I saw both your gigs-----impressive and inspirational. I really dug Opus 1, not many guys even know what that is! Email me if you want a copy of the DVDs. I was beat by Saturday and didnt recover until Tuesday.

Hey Bro (Dave), the talents there were great, but they were also very real people. After a show, you could tell these guys you really liked what they were laying down. The next day they might pull up a chair and hang out with you at lunch. That happened 4 times in three days. Not to mention, not everyone played perfectly all the time. That made it more entertaining and real.

Oh yeah, Pete Worden's CD Catch Me if You Can won 4th place in the "2006 Just Plain Folks Music Awards". Just one of those things you find out when you type your own name into google.

Green Bay made me want to play more. We did a gig with the Two Timin Four last night and had a good show.
Jussi Huhtakangas

Helsinki, Finland
Post  Posted 25 May 2007 11:22 pm    

Yeah Tom ,it'd be great to have a copy of the DVD. Not that I necessarily want to witness all the sc..w ups I did, but just to have a souvenier maybe. Smile
I'll send you an email next week when I get back to work, ok!? Thanks!
Walter Thut

Switzerland
Post  Posted 26 May 2007 12:08 am    

I'l see JW perform at the "Rockabilly Rave" end of next month in England, i can't wait Very Happy !!