| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Concert With Con Hunley-Pigeon Forge, TN
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 19 May 2007 3:42 pm    

I will be playing a concert with Con Hunley in Pigeon Forge, TN on Friday, May 25th at the Country Tonite Theatre, so if you are in the area, come by and check it out as Con is one of the finest vocalists around and the band we have is one of the finest I have ever worked with.

Herby Wallace
Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 19 May 2007 4:40 pm     Con Hunley

Congratulations Herby Hope the best for u durin this concert and many more to come my friend TOMMY

PS: Hope that new guitar has gotten there
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 May 2007 4:43 pm    

Smile Hi Herby . I wish we could be with you my friend . Have fun . Best wishes to you and Bunnie . Gary .
Jim Saunders

Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
Post  Posted 20 May 2007 9:20 am     Herby with Con

Con can lay down those bluesy licks on his piano reminiscent of Ray Charles doing country. Great sound! With Herby, now that would just be fantastic! Wish I was closer.
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 20 May 2007 12:51 pm    

Good to see you gigging, Herby! Knock 'em out!!
Jody Sanders

Magnolia,Texas, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 20 May 2007 4:11 pm    

Way to go Herby. Sounds like a great gig. Have a good one. Jody.
Sam White R.I.P.

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 20 May 2007 5:14 pm     Consert with Con Hunley

Hey Herby you have a great time. Wish Anna and I could be there but we are to far away now. Sure miss those Steel Inns that we started to have down there it was great and a pleasure having you there to share it with us. Hope you come to the Norwalk Conn. Show this November as we will be there looking for you.
Sam White
Robby Springfield

Viola, AR, USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2007 10:05 pm    

Herby,
Ask Con if he ever see's Darrell Puett anymore. Con came thru a club a few times that I worked at in Houston. Give him a hello from me.
Gordon Sharp

Kingston, Tennessee
Post  Posted 21 May 2007 6:59 am     Concert with Con Hunly

You don"t have Georgia on your mind now do you Herby,think of me when you all play it,tell Con I love him like a brother. Gordon Sharp Kingston Tenn.
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 May 2007 9:04 am     Concert

We normally do "Georgia" in most every show and Con does one of the best versions I have ever heard. It is a real musical experience every time I get to play it with him.

Herby Wallace
Vernon Hester

Cayce,SC USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 May 2007 10:13 am     Herby

Well, I was a week early,saw Country tonite last Tuesday. Good show with Larry Stewart doing most of the lead work on his Emmons.First time ever that much steel in the show!!
Bet Herby will sound great,almost ready to go back to listen to Herby.
Vern
Joel Johnston

Mead, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 21 May 2007 5:03 pm     Herby with Con

I'd give a right side body part to see Con Hunley in concert with Herby on steel. Any chance you guys will be trekking out to the Left Coast any time soon? Maybe even the PacNW?? Joelj
Clyde Bloodworth

Chancellor, AL (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 May 2007 6:10 pm     Con Hunley

Herby,
Any song Con Hunley sings will be the best version anyone has ever heard-especially with you on steel.
Clyde
Herby Wallace

Sevierville, TN, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 May 2007 9:18 pm     Con Hunley

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I have worked with Con for around 12 years or so and he is one of the finest singers I have ever worked with plus a super nice guy. As most of you know, I had a stroke about a year ago, and even though my playing is still not back like it was, Con has called me for every job that he has done after the stroke. I did get a sub for 4 or 5 last summer as I just didn't feel that I was up to it, but the point is Con still offered me the chance to play if I wanted to, which really means a lot. We did a show in Ft. Worth, TX back in January and since I don't have the strength in my arms I used to have for carrying my steel any distance, Con picked it up and carried it all the way through the airports and at the convention center. This is just the kind of person he is. Anyhow, as I said earlier this is also one of the finest bands I have ever worked with and believe me, with Con and this band, the sound is unbelieveable. We do have a few more spot jobs coming up in the next few months; however, most of them are in East Tennessee. I do hope to see some of you this Friday night.

Herby Wallace
Joel Johnston

Mead, Washington, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2007 4:15 pm     Thanks for the insight, Herby . . .

I have been a Con Hunley fan since Album #1 and I've scoured his website over the past year or two when I became aware that he was on a "come back". He's got some great pics, videos and music samples posted on his site that I have thoroughly enjoyed. His recent recordings are as good as his legacy stuff and "Country Radio" is depriving a whole lot of people from hearing some great commercial material from Con. Herby - I've only met you once a couple years ago in Dallas, but I have to say you are a gentleman's gentleman, one helluva talented musician, and I'm sure Con is just treating you with the respect and admiration that you have earned and deserve. Here's wishing you a full, swift recovery and PLEASE, let us know if you and Con will be playing anywhere in our backyard anytime soon.
Joel Johnston
Spokane, WA