| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My Session Rig
Jordan Shapiro

Echo Park, California, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2007 4:03 pm    

I've been getting more and more sessions lately, mostly "demo" sessions, but it's work.....

I just wanted to pass along my rig. It's quite simple, and hasn't let me down yet.

Most of these sessions are just me, the music is already done, so we just do some passes, find what the producer likes, and make a final pass incorperating (sp??) the parts he liked.

I use my 14 hole bell crank LeGrand, into my Peterson Stomp Tuner, Stock Boss DM-2 Analog delay (at an almost imperceptable level) into my 68' princeton With the volume set between 2 and 3. Usually closer to 2. The reverb isn't working right now,(busted the rca plug off the return input) but I like it just fine anyway. I use it sparingly anyway.......it can add more noise than it's really worth sometimes in the studio.

I do use a Push Pull live as my 1st, but for this pop country studio stuff, the action on my LG is just a bit tighter and cleaner.

Anyway, I don't do a whole lot of posting here, but I really like what I'm hearing from this rig, so I figured I'd pass it along....

Also, if you get a chance to see a girl named Sarah Borges play, check her out. Her guitr player Mike Castellana is also a great steeler, and plays some mean stuff on his Push Pull! Not exactly country, but well worth a listen.....

Jordan Shapiro
------------------------------------------------------------------
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
- Hunter S. Thompson
Larry Schubert

Orcutt, CA, USA
Post  Posted 11 May 2007 4:12 pm    

I'am guessing you are the same Jordan that worked with Eddie Spaghetti. If so I am a big fan keep up the good work. I know its off topic but I figured I would sneek it in.
Jordan Shapiro

Post  Posted 11 May 2007 4:45 pm    

Yup, that's me. Thanks for the shoutout.......
Eddie wouldn't really dig the stuff I'm working on here. But God help me, I am a sucker for simple, melodic country music, be it old, new or just inbetween. Dumb lyrics don't bother me none, but Eddie can't take it!! Ha.

I'll be on the road with the Suckers starting at the end of June, and ending.......July ish sometime. Eddie and I will open up, then if there's room on the stage to leave my steel up I may jump in on a few country tunes during their set.

Word.
Drew Howard

Post  Posted 13 May 2007 5:37 am    

Jordan,

Simple is good. So is small (Princeton)!!!

cheers,
Drew

Orcutt, CA, USA
Post  Posted 14 May 2007 7:49 am    

Drew Howard wrote:
Jordan,

Simple is good. So is small (Princeton)!!!

cheers,
Drew

aint that the truth!

Simple and melodic my to fave words in music
Joe A. Camacho

Post  Posted 14 May 2007 8:35 am    

Hey Stranger,
You and the Suckers coming down this way in June?

Joe
Bryan Daste

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 15 May 2007 9:18 pm    

I was fortunate enough to be in a band that opened for Eddie S. and Jordan in Eugene a while back. Great steelin'! Eddie's lucky to have you aboard.
Bryan
Jordan Shapiro

Post  Posted 15 May 2007 9:31 pm    

Hola Camacho!
I know the fellers are doing the hootenanny, but they've never done a full on country set there that I know of...... or have been a part of. How goes it in SD? Are you gonna be playing up here soonish? I b'leive I'm going out with the boys in june and july, but it's mostly the south......Which I love.
Thanks for the Words Bryan, I had a good time there. Better than when I was 22 and in Eugene for the Oregon Country Fair........Crazy times those were.....Good Lord.
I've been doing these pop country sessions. Coolness be damned..........I just love playing Alan Jackson/George Strait type country, and seem to be pretty good at it!
Crazy. Who'da thunk it?