| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender Blues junior and acoustic/electric??
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 10 May 2007 10:16 am    

How does an acoustic/electric sound through a blues junior? I need an amp I can play my Tele and my Takamine acoustic/electric through. I think the Roland cube amps have an acoustic amp model.

Terry
Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 10 May 2007 1:25 pm    

You'd be better off buying an acoustic guitar amp, such as those made by Fender and/or Crate. I have never been able to get a decent acoustic guitar sound out of ANY of my electric guitar amps. My little Crate sounds pretty good with a Tele, though.
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 11 May 2007 2:29 pm     cube 60

well I went to our local music store, and low and behold they had a blues jr and a cube 30. I tried both of them out, with a nashville Tele, and an acoustic electric. The blues jr had the cube beat hands down playing the tele through, but the cube had the blues jr beat for acoustic electric with it set on the acoustic mod. As much as I liked the sound of the Tele through the blues jr, I decided to buy a cube 60. I don't want to have to carry two amps around. and I play my acoustic almost as much as my Tele. The Tele didn't sound bad set on the Black panel mod on the cube. I have a Boss blues driver I can hook up and might get a little better sound out of the cube. anyway, it's all over but the cryin Smile

Terry
Tom Jordan

Wichita, KS
Post  Posted 11 May 2007 4:24 pm    

Good for you Terry...

I've got a blues-cube 60 that is a great amp and the micro cube for practice on the raod (day job). Roland make good gear and I've been fan for years.

My next big decision is a mid-sized tube amp for both tele and steel for our small gigs. I was real impressed with the Fender Blues Deluxe that I played with at GC yesterday. I A/B'd between a Deluxe, Deville and new Twin...from that group, I got an ichin' for the Blues Deluxe...

Decisions, decisions...
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 11 May 2007 4:46 pm     Hot rod Deville

Tom I just sold a Hot Rod Deville. It was a nice amp, but just to heavey for me to lug around anymore.
Good luck on your decision.

Terry
Tom Jordan

Wichita, KS
Post  Posted 11 May 2007 5:05 pm    

Terry,

What did you think of the Deville for steel? Like I said, the Blues Deluxe sounded great for my Tele...but for steel, I'm wondering if it has enough clean room for moderate volume PSG...I know the Deville with two 12's is 60 watts. I can handle the wt. but really don't ever want to lug a twin or session/nashville around again (love them both, though).

Thanks!

Tom
Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 11 May 2007 6:26 pm     deville

Tom, I've heard some steel players say they liked the deville 2x12 for steel, but I just couldn't find a setting that I liked for steel. Maybe some of the other guys can help you out.It's not a tube amp but the 42 lb Nashville 112 is hard to beat for steel guitar. I really like mine, especially since I put the new chips in. And my Tele sounds better through the 112 with the new chips in to.

Terry