| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  EMCI
Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 May 2007 1:26 am    

I'm just wondering if anybody knows anything about the red,white & blue EMCI on Carter's website. I purchased it and was just curious about the pick ups and especially the color. The CARTER folks sell fine new/used guitars and I know they stay very busy, so I'm just asking anyone on the forum if they happen to be familiar with this particular guitar. I believe the EMCI's were Arlington built guitars if I remember correctly. I have researched the EMCI info available on the forum which was interesting in between the arguing that was going on at the time it was discussed. I always thought the E in EMCI was for Emmons but BE cleared that up during the discussion.
John Coffman

Wharton,Texas USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2007 3:20 am    

Billy I think that is Janet Lynn's old guitar. If it's the one I saw at the Dallas show. I do not know well Janet but I did me her at the show. Give Jody Sanders a call. He's the one that told me it was Janet's. Best of luck with the EMCI!

Angleton, Texas
Post  Posted 7 May 2007 6:12 am     EMCI

Billy,

That steel was built for Janet Lynn. In about 1995, I bought it from her and had it until I traded it on a brand new Carter. You can call me if you would like more information. I will email my phone number.

Thanks,
Cameron Parsons
TRAP TRULY

Mobile , AL
Post  Posted 7 May 2007 9:55 am    

I've got an identicle model to the one you have Billy. I got mine from Bobbe Seymour who told me that there were only a few made. My serial # is 0003. One of the best sounding/playing guitars I own.
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 7 May 2007 3:08 pm     EMCI

Thanks. What about the pick ups? I couldn't tell from the pics but they look like Barcus Berry.
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 7 May 2007 4:30 pm    

Billy they are Barcus Berry's - I played one for 20 years myself (86 MCI Rangexpander) - brilliant guitar.
TRAP TRULY

Mobile , AL
Post  Posted 7 May 2007 6:49 pm    

Mine had Barcus Berry's on it. In my opinion, the E-9th pickup sounded great but the C-6 side was a little thin . I tried some George L's(E-66 & 10-1)and it made a slight improvement.
Cameron Parsons

Angleton, Texas
Post  Posted 7 May 2007 8:47 pm    

Those pickups are the Barcus Berry pickups. When I was about to trade it for my Carter, Bobby Bowman overhauled it and installed Barcus Berry pickups. When I had it, I used BL710's.
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 7 May 2007 10:29 pm     EMCI

If ex-Uncle Bob worked on it then it probably plays better than a new one! Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it.
Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 8 May 2007 4:18 am    

Quote:
If ex-Uncle Bob worked on it then it probably plays better than a new one!

Amen, brother, amen. Smile

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Billy Carr

Post  Posted 8 May 2007 7:47 pm     BB

Thanks Herb. I imagine BB has forgotten more steel guitar than a lot of us know. We need more BB's that are as dedicated as he is to this this wonderful instrument. Thanks again.