| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho Bud Question
Wes Jordan

Urbandale, Iowa 50323
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2007 12:44 pm    

I recently came upon a Sho-Bud D10 with 8 & 2. It was not set up so I don't know what all the pedals do. In good shape.The only number I could find on it is 3258 stamped inside the body. The model is " The Professional". This on the front oe the body.Could anyone tell me what year it may be and general value. Thanks, Wes Jordan
Brian LeBlanc

Falls Church, Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2007 1:22 pm     I'm no expert...

I'm no expert...

but i've learned more than I wanted to know in last couple of weeks!

1969 - 1972

"good condition" : $1,200 to $1,800 !

& I'm looking...
johnopsg

Tracy, Calif., U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2007 1:44 pm    

I bought A Sho-Bud new just as you described....mine was built in 1972, w 8P and 2L.
Mine is an all maple wood guitar with wood necks,
tobacco brown finish, it still is in mint condition
except that I added levers that are more contemporary. New purchase price in 1972 was $1100.,
I would ask $2500-3000 for it now, but it has been reworked with all new hardware and no longer has barrel pull hardware, and the new changers have 3 up and 3 down. It is a nice guitar and has beautiful tone and sustain. I use Pf-2 pickups on it at this time.
Good luck,
JohnO
Art Beard

Once upon a time out west (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2007 2:57 pm     Professional

Now when you have a rebuilt (professional people as in JohnO case it sounds like a Jeff Surett and Duane Marrs rebuild) thats done by the pros, the cost for such a steel varies to what the market will pay. Anywhere from $1850-$3495 depending on the color finish and if thats been redone also. A stock 8/2 in great shape body wise (only a few small dings) recently $1800 was asking price and it sold- don't know the final price (1 day sale). This was an original set up I believe with the single raise & lower changer. What type of condition is the body, the mechanics??? I think research back a few months in the forum of the pricing might help if the pics are still there to see the condition physically. Art
Wes Jordan

Urbandale, Iowa 50323
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2007 5:15 pm     Sho Bud Question

I think that this steel is in as good condition as it can be a its age. I bought it and have it set up and have played it. It is maple and everything is in good working order. It has the Day setup which is what I have on my Mullen.The case is like new.It includes an I think original Sho Bud volume pedal which works but I am not sure how to evaluate it since there have been so many improvements over the years to volume pedals. I would consider selling it since I have a new Mullen. The reason I bought is that in Iowa you rarely find a pedal steel for sale let alone one like this. Wes Jordan
Gary Preston

Columbus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2007 6:12 pm    

Smile Wes these numbers don't meany anything as to what year they were built . It seems that Sho~Bud didn't try to keep anything stamped on the guitar that would tell you the exact year it was built . Why I don't know ?