| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Furman AR-15 II
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2007 5:43 pm    

Mildly interested in getting one of these if at a good price. This unit does both voltage regulation AND multi-faceted power conditioning. I have a few stompboxes and volume pedals to trade, full or partial.
Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2007 6:19 pm     Furman

John,I have the Furman AR 1215(I don't want to sell it though).It is also a Voltage Reg.This might be another option.Is the AR 15II a newer version ?
John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2007 5:51 am    

Ronald,

I've studied Furman's site diligently, and the AR-15 II has their best power conditioning (SMT, LiFT, EVT I think they're acronymed), plus their voltage regulator. To my understanding, the AR1215 has some power conditioning, but it's not specced out to have that 3-headed variety. So I figure the AR-15 II is probably the best possible unit in a rackmount device. I'm sure either device would be fine, and better than the nothing I currently have. So it'll just come down to how good a deal I can manage on either unit, or their Power Factor Pro R.

Life and its details...

How do you like your unit?
Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2007 6:41 am    

John,I really like the AR1215.I'm not the best with electronic's so I talked with the guy's at the Furman factory when I bought mine, and this is the one they suggested.However,I wanted it more for the protection than anything.But it does say "Power Conditioner" on the front instead of "Voltage Regulator".