| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wendler Squareneck Great for Playing Standing Up!!!
Steven Reynolds

New York, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2007 7:27 am    

Wendler ElectricBro squareneck dobro lap steel guitar. Go to the Wendler web site for more info on the guitar: http://www.electrocoustic.com/ Square neck, astounding "spider resonator" tone. These guitars have such an amazing sound you will be leaving your dobro home from now on. Not to mention it is light weight and great for playing standing up!

Features :

- "Select" Western Red Cedar body
- Custom neck of mahogany
- Matched peg head overlay
- Bone nut
- Carved matched tailpiece
- Black pick guard
- Exclusive Wendler MagPi transducer system featuring a floating neck humbucker
- Clear natural satin finish

It plays and sounds great. These are very rare and hard to find so don't let this one pass you by! It comes with a nice gigbag. $799 plus $49 shipping. Email me at guitarsmandos@yahoo.com for pics and more information.
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 13 Mar 2007 9:57 am    

I saw this on ebay. I'm assuming you are the one selling it there since you use the same copy. I'm interested in these but looking at it I'm not sure how it could make any acoustic sound at all (no resonator, solid body). I went on the site to hear the sound clip, but it is not a very good clip that they have posted. Are there any other sound clips or info on this guitar?

How is the resonator sound achieved?
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 14 Mar 2007 4:34 am    

hmm... no reply. This guy just joined and all his posts are "for sale" posts. Bob, you should think about raising your rates for those that just want to use this site as cheap ad space.
Doug Earnest

Branson, MO USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2007 6:06 am    

I can't comment directly on the dobro guitar sound, but I did have Mr. Wendler repair a mandolin for me before he moved from Branson. While at his shop I played a few of the guitars he makes and must say they were very unique and impressive! He has figured out how to get a good acoustic type sound out of a solid body electric guitar. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if his slide unit has a pretty good dobro sound.
Ben Sims

New Mexico
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2007 5:29 pm    

I found a link to a very clear soundclip of the Wendler ElectroBro (that's what it's called on the Wendler website, not ElectricBro) on another forum. I don't see the link directly on the Wendler web page:

http://www.electrocoustic.com/audio/electroBro.mp3

While it is a good sounding instrument, it just sounds like an acoustic-electric guitar played with a slide to me - I don't hear any "spider resonator" tone.
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 14 Mar 2007 5:42 pm    

I won't comment on the performance other than to say, I don't think I would have used this clip to sell a guitar, but as far as the sound of the instrument, I don't hear any reso sound at all.

Last edited by Bill McCloskey on 15 Mar 2007 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Loni Specter

West Hills, CA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Mar 2007 12:05 pm    

Bill McCloskey wrote:
I won't comment on the performance other than to say, I don't I would have used this clip to sell a guitar, but as far as the sound of the instrument, I don't hear any reso sound at all.

Ditto that. Nice looking instrument though.