| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1996 Carter D10 9+8, Day Setup - $2150.00
Steve Isenhardt

Hampton, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 23 Feb 2007 5:12 pm    

1996 Carter D10 9+8, Day Setup - $2150.00

I bought this instrument about two years ago and took lessons for a while, but unfortunately, for various reasons it's just not working out.

According to the folks at Carter this instrument was built in 1996 (S/N 90166059 20) . It has a stamp on the underside of the deck that says, "Steel Guitar Nashville, 213-A South Main, Goodlettsville, TN, 37072.

It looks to be in very good shape for an 11 year old, and I don't think it's seen a lot of action, but I'm no expert! I don't know any but its most recent history, but as you can see, its blond laminate finish and polished aluminum fittings are in excellent condition. (The color in the photos are pretty close.) Also the mechanisms all function normally and, as far as my amateur's eye can tell are all solid. This is a lot of guitar for the money.

The guitar has a Thomas Custom Case Company case in good solid condition. Having dutifully done what a case is designed to do, it does have a few small tears in the vinyl covering. Pics on request.

I will be happy to send any other pics you might need to help your decision and will do my best to answer any questions you might have. (Inquiries can be sent to fedora [at] bellsouth.net)

I can probably send you the E9 copedant if you want to see it, but have no idea re the C6.

New package of Jagwire stainless strings (C6) included.

The price is $2150.00

We can discuss and agree on shipping at the time of the sale.

Paypal is preferred, but if you want to wait on a Cashier's check or USPS Money Orders to clear, that's ok too.

Other pictures can be seen here:
http://usera.imagecave.com/Stevexlvii/

[/b]
John Sluszny

Brussels, Belgium
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 10:01 am    

Good idea the rubber band!!! Wink
L. M. English

Augusta, GA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 11:20 am     Carter D-10

Did you buy this one from Garland Nash? If so, I played this one for about three years. If I had the funds, I would have to buy it back. It is a good axe.
Steve Isenhardt

Hampton, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 11:43 am    

Yes, this the same guitar. I got it from Garland two years ago this month though I didn't get to meet Garland in person. Bill Ferguson handled it for him.

Thanks for the kind words re the guitar, L.M., they are appreciated. By any chance do you remember what pickups are in it? Someone wanted to know and I had to plead ignorance. I wrote to Carter about it but they probably won't be in until Monday.

Thanks John, I was shooting the pics and the lever just would not stay up and that was the first thing that came to mind.
Steve Isenhardt

Hampton, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 12:48 pm    

Hey all,
I just posted three more photos on the ImageCave website that are closeups of the pickups. For reason(s) unknown, the new pics don't show up in the thumbnails, but if you click the first picture, then page through the album using the green arrows, you'll see them. Thanks.
Steve
L. M. English

Augusta, GA, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 2:10 pm     CARTER D-10

Hi Steve, the pickups in your guitar are both 10-1 George-L's. They have been sanded down on the top. If I can move my Excel S12 I will try to buy it back. Thanks, L.M.
Steve Isenhardt

Hampton, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2007 2:51 pm    

Thanks, L.M. That's some sought-after info.
Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 25 Feb 2007 8:44 am    

Bump. I know this guitar and I know the seller. Instrument is beautiful and in excellent condition. And Steve is a stand-up guy; he is good on his word.
Steve Isenhardt

Hampton, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2007 9:02 am    

Due to a couple of requests for further info re the pedal / lever arrangement on this guitar, here is a pic that relates to the copedant documents I created.

I know this is probably superfluous info to a lot of y'all, but please bear with me. Also cat and toys not included.

Regards,
Steve
Steve Isenhardt

Hampton, Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 9 Mar 2007 12:57 pm    

Hey all,

This guitar has been sold, thanks to this forum and a check is on its way to Bobby Lee.
Thanks also to everyone who responded to my ad with interest and especially those who kindly supplied needed information.
This is a unique community, and one to be proud of.

Steve Isenhardt