| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  1930 National Tricone #1-Xlnt! Sell/Trade
Jim Landers

Spokane, Wash.
Post  Posted 16 Dec 2006 8:54 am    

This is a 1930 National Tricone Style 1, Serial #2324. The guitar is all original and is in excellent condition. I would rate this one a 9+ on a 10 scale.

The plating is all original and looks almost new with no sign of corosion and only a couple of very small dings on the top which are not even noticable unless you're really looking for them. The wood is also excellent with some age checking in the laquer. The tuners all work smoothly and don't slip. The buttons are all original and look great also. Also includes the original hardshell case that has some worn spots on the outside covering but overall in very good condition.

I bought this guitar about 2 years ago from John Bernunzio and he said it was one of the very nicest Tricones he had had in all his years dealing in vintage instruments. He had it listed for $3750 at the time and I ended up paqying $3600 plus shipping.

I have been dealing with John for almost 20 years and if he says a guitar is good, it's good. I could have probably got one for a little less on Ebay but, with John I knew I could depend on it being what he said it would be. And it is.

I will sell the guitar for what I have in it but, I would really prefer to trade. I am looking for a 'high end' Gibson Archtop, preferably electric cutaways, such as L5, Super 400 etc. but, I might consider other made in USA hollow body makes or models, depending on what they are. Also, some of the J 200 or 300 acoustics may be a possibility. Will trade up, down or even.

If you're looking for a real nice vintage Tricone and have something I might be interested in trading for, let's talk.

[This message was edited by Jim Landers on 16 December 2006 at 09:08 AM.]

Mike McBride

Indiana
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2007 6:14 pm    

Bump
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 5 Jan 2007 6:23 pm    

Sent you a PM
Jim Landers

Spokane, Wash.
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2007 8:00 pm    

Hi Bill,

Did'nt get it. Try sending an email to:

stlpikn (at) comcast.net

I had'nt realized until now that this new format does'nt give us the email option like the old SGF did. Sad Sometimes I don't think progress is all it's cracked up to be. Oh well. Confused

Jim
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 5 Jan 2007 8:23 pm    

Just sent an email. Let me know if you don't get it.
Bill McCloskey

Post  Posted 6 Jan 2007 3:39 pm    

I have a beautiful 2004 Blonde ES 335 dot reissue. Jim is looking for a different sound, but if anyone has what Jim is looking for but is not interested in the National, we could try a 3 way swap: My 335 for the archtop and I'll trade the archtop for the national.
Jim Landers

Spokane, Wash.
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2007 5:18 pm    

Yeah, i was talking to Bill yesterday about his 335 and it does sound like he has a real nice one there but, like bill said, the sound that I'm looking for is sound of the big '30s, 40s, and '50s solid spruce top archtops.

The one's that I would really be interested in are the Gibson L-7, L-10, and L-12s. Of course the L-5 and super 400 are still on my wish list too but, I don't suppose there are very many people that would be willing to part with one of those. I might consider some of the Epiphone's from the same period and there might be a few other possibilities that I have'nt thought of.

So, if you've got one of these critters setting around collecting dust give Bill or me a shout and let's see if we can work something out that'll make all 3 of us happy. Very Happy

Jim