| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bill Mayville Teaching CD
Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2006 6:23 am    

Bill was kind enough to send me one of his teaching CD's along with a copy of Emmons guitar Company's Tempered Tuning Chart for E9 and C6 and a chart about the numbering system. The CD hit a "sweet spot" with me, Bill does a super job of explaining how to move around on the steel using string groups pedals and knee levers, Something I can really use. Rythmn tracks for each part are included. I was also impressed with Bill's smooth touch and his steel sounds awesome. Thanks again Bill.
Charles Tilley

Post  Posted 21 Nov 2006 7:36 am    

I am also a recipient of some of Bill's work and totally agree with what you said. Bill and I converse very often and each time we do, I come out a winner.

He has a way of explaining with very short moves and selections to create the sound that great players have. It has always been there and we just didn't know where it was, but Bill does. I don't know why he doesn't develope a training offer to steel players.

Talking to him just makes you feel more confident that "YOU CAN DO IT" My thanks to him for his friendship and help.
Bill Mayville

Las Vegas Nevada * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2006 11:59 am    

Thanks guys
I guess the checks cleared?
I love to help.I havn't been charging lately.When I get done with someone,they usually then can understand ,herb,herbie,and bobbe.I think they get nervous and then they don't understand. Taking them down a more of a music path seems to help some.I don't sell any Cd"s.I do have a lot of flyin's, then one on one. I enjoy that.I sometimes I find them much better than they think they are.Just a little music instruction,and then the steel seems much easier.
I taught regular guitar for twenty years,so I can show how close the two guitars are.
Anyway,thanks again.A thanks for the effert is very nice.
Bill (steelinlasvegas@cox.net)
Stanford Lane

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2006 6:19 am    

Mr. Maybille,

I'm interested in your teaching CD. How does one get one of your them?
Lawrence Sullivan

Granite City, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 22 Nov 2006 7:26 pm    

Stanford just email Bill He is the greatest. Just click on the send email above his post.
Larry
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2006 8:04 am    

,,this sounds like something I "need"!!! I just emailed Bill,,,bet he's up to his #^&%$ in emails,,,,