| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  old stuff
Terry H Sutton

Vernon, Connecticutt, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2006 11:46 am    

This will really tell my age,in 1958 while doing Canadian television I played my Fender 400 through a 1957 Fender Super which at that time had two ten inch speakers and no reverb. I used a three head Ampex reel to reel tape recorder looped for delay. I graduated to Sho-Bud crossover and used an "Emmons" amp with two 12"s. I finally became more modern and moved up to a Sho-Bud Super Pro all original for small jobs I still play through a 1973 Sho-Bud christmas tree amp with an effects loop through a Lexicon LXP1. I'm told that it sounds pretty good.
c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2006 11:51 am    

good fer yee. CC
Herbie Meeks

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2006 10:36 pm    

C C, You are still a youngster,
I think I see more, Texas Steel Players on
The Forum, than any other place,
Do You know Jim Evans Steel player from down your way, He made a visit up here about 4 years back to visit His old Buddy
Boo Campbell,who used to play the Texas scene with Evans, I have picked a few gigs
with Uncle Boo. and got to meet Evans,
He is a great Steel player

Herbie

------------------
Chris Brooks

Providence, Rhode Island
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2006 7:22 am    

Terry, is the 400 the guitar you told me about that you hooked up with a "door-hinge-and-wire" pedal?

Love the "delay" set up. Necessity is the mother of invention.

Hope you are doing fine, and best wishes to JK.

Chris
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2006 7:58 am    

Hey Terry....Do you ever hear from The Perry Sisters and Kenny Morris? The last time I heard Kenny....(in Boston) he was pickin' some great steel....fast, too! Didn't they move to the Vegas area?

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
2006 Rains w/8 & 5 Chestnut Burl Mica. Rack system with Evans Preamp (LV), DPC1400,Lexicon MPX500, Furman Power Conditioner, 2 Evans Cabs with JBL D-130 15's Modified Evans Preamp (no rack ears), Boss RV5, DD3, Digitech RP50, 2 Hilton Pedals, Walker Seat w/sidekick and backrest, BJS 10 string bar with birthstone. Zookies thumb pick L-30.

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2006 10:10 am    

Terry Sutton in his pre-pedal days! Terry, you sent me this picture several years ago and I couldn't resist posting it here in your "old stuff" topic. That's a nice Stringmaster T-8 you're playing. I have a walnut one just like it sitting in my closet!

------------------
My Site - Instruction
ArtPalazzini

Torrington , Ct. Litchfield
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2006 12:54 pm    

Ain't he purrdy. Great picture Doug. Art...
Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2006 1:15 pm    

I had that picture at one time, and lost it when Katrina wiped us out.....I've saved it so I now have it again....thanks for posting it Doug........Terry has always been one of my favorite players, and he's just a great guy........HAL

------------------
Be Blessed........HAL
2006 Rains w/8 & 5 Chestnut Burl Mica. Rack system with Evans Preamp (LV), DPC1400,Lexicon MPX500, Furman Power Conditioner, 2 Evans Cabs with JBL D-130 15's Modified Evans Preamp (no rack ears), Boss RV5, DD3, Digitech RP50, 2 Hilton Pedals, Walker Seat w/sidekick and backrest, BJS 10 string bar with birthstone. Zookies thumb pick L-30.

[This message was edited by Hal Higgins on 22 December 2006 at 01:17 PM.]

c c johnson

killeen,tx usa * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Dec 2006 1:22 pm    

No but I have sure heard alot about him. CC
Bill Hankey

Pittsfield, MA, USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2006 6:56 am    

Hi Terry, It's been a while since our last telephone conversation. I would like to wish you a Happy Holiday Season. The night you visited Leigh Howell and his band at Billy T's back in the eighties, I was there enjoying the country music and the featured steel guitarist Doug Beaumier. I can still remember your cool demeanor while taking in the surroundings. Russ Bennett and Chuck Sherman were the first to tell me that you were playing at Blue Star Star in Saugus, Ma. I visited the club back in the late seventies.
More recently your performance at The MASSBASH, in Lee, Ma. at the V.F.W.,now called "The Blues Cafe'", left me with a yearning to have you "run that by me one more time." Your arrangement of "City Lights" is a must for true country music followers. Good luck
with the new Connecticut upsurge of steel guitar camaraderie.

Terry H Sutton

Post  Posted 23 Dec 2006 3:37 pm    

Sorry guys I didn't get back with a timely reponse for the kind words from my friends Art,Doug,Bill,Hal,Chris and everybody as I was in Montreal at a session but I'm back. Answer for Chris,no my Fender 400 was a new steel all set up,the one you're talking about was a lap steel that I bored three holes in and stuck in three table legs which wobbled a little with a chain around my foot with a little "T" device that pulled down the
first two stingsso I was able to get somewhat of a Bud Isaacs change. The last day I used it it collapsed on live TV on Channel 5Tv in Plattsburg N.Y during an intro. As soon as I learn to post a picture of it I will. Any help would be good. t.s.
Terry H Sutton

Post  Posted 23 Dec 2006 3:56 pm    

For your question Hal. Kenny it in Las Vegas,Mona is in calnevari Nv. and Sally is here in Connecticut