| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Cindy Cashdollar on CMT today May 7
John LeMaster

North Florida
Post  Posted 7 May 2006 6:26 am    

I just happened to be surfing channels when I came upon a show on CMT featuring Van Morrison recorded "live" in Nashville. The rather large band included the lovely and talented Cindy Cashdollar on Fender steel and on dobro.

Cindy's playing was tasteful, as one would expect. She was featured on at least two good-length rides, and both songs were about as country (read that real country) as I could imagine: the Webb Pierce classic, "There Stands the Glass" with a neat shuffle arrangement; and, "'Till I Gain Control Again".

Morrison earlier did a fun tune called "This Has Got to Stop". I missed the first song of this 30-minute show, but these last three were much better than most songs we get to hear on "country" radio or TV, IMHO.

I recommend that you get the VCRs ready, as the show is scheduled again for 5:30pm EDT today.

Van Morrison, famous for "Brown-Eyed Girl" among others, is quite the vocal stylist. He gave Cindy a nice acknowledgement during one of the solos, too.

John L.
Jud Thomas

Austin, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2006 6:45 am    

About a week ago, I was flipping through the channels and happened upon an entire set of Redd Volkaert with Cindy Cashdollar on her Fender. Man, talk about two fantastic players! It was on the local music channel here in Austin. They show lots of great local artist who often have a steel player. What really blew me away was their version of Remington Ride. Holy smokes!!!! I've never heard Tele and Steel quite like that before!
Joseph Carlson

Grass Valley, California, USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2006 10:34 am    

You can get Redd and Cindy on DVD here. Lots of really fantastic steel playing.
http://www.reddvolkaert.net/storeframe.html