| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Greg Cutshaw's MSA
Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 May 2006 7:47 pm    

I wish you forum guys could have heard Greg today, playing his new MSA (wood body!) through a Fender Steel King......it was awesome!!! He gave LaVern Skarzenski & I a personal concert this afternoon....Greg, thanks so much! for taking the time to let us see & hear this fine steel, but most of all your fine playing! & it's just a hobby! He can play & not take a back seat to anyone I've heard in these 77 years! No bull! We need to get him on a CD before I'm gone! How about it, Greg? I'd like the Allegany Pedal Steel Club to hear you!! I think they'd be as proud as I am of you! The fall of 1972, I had a new bride & spent the day with Greg (he was 14! then) He could play E9th like a house of fire & I wanted him to teach me the E9th neck & I told if he would, I'd teach him the C6th neck. I showed him note for note the tune "Cherokee"! and he said, "Oh, you need a lot of theory for C6th!" He got out of school, was smart enough to go to college!, and worked for IBM (in computers, I think) for 17 years and did some pickin' during that time!, raised two wonderful children, and still tucked away all that "band stand learnin'" for future use!!! Believe me forumites, I'm proud to call Greg a special friend! He used to play E9th lots better than me.....now he plays both necks better than me!! I just re-tuned the Excel keyless Scotty sold me in 2000 @ Rick Troyer's show to D9th. It's been C6th ever since I bought it! I need a double 10 guys......any offers?

[This message was edited by Doug Seymour on 06 May 2006 at 08:47 PM.]

Roger Shackelton

MINNESOTA (deceased)
Post  Posted 6 May 2006 9:04 pm    

Doug is your Excel A S-10 or a S-12?
Doug Seymour

Jamestown NY USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 7 May 2006 1:45 am    

My Excel was new from Scotty in April of 2000 & is keyless with 3 pedals & 5 KLs, Bill Lawrence pickup, single 10 string on single frame. I never cared for the single on a double frame!
It is black mica.....with tone to die for, but it is not the Superb model. 5 raise 3 lower changer. Never played more than a dozen or so gigs. It's lonely in my closet! Needs tender lovin' playing!