| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Came all the way to Dallas
David Hartley

Post  Posted 10 Apr 2006 4:08 pm    

And couldn't find Ted Nesbit or the Scottish Guys..Bet you weren't drinking at the bar of the Harvey a five bucks a bud! Love the Rains guitar I bought and the custom cover by Gary Preston is lush too, I recommend both items to you all..I won't be changing the steel ever..I did take a fancy to the Zum though, and the GFI was nice. But if ever the lottery ticket comes in I will then get one of each. The Rains is going nowhere ever, it is the finest and have only had the peterson on it twice as it stays in tune. Thanks Fred for letting me play yours on the rains stall alomg with Jody Cameron. I loved every minute of the festival. I will definately come back with my mate Keith who I giving tuition too and who bought my old LDG. ( In the next village to me ).. My girlfriend Fran got a bit bored when there was no singers on the stage which I can understand but we both had a great time in Dallas and Fortwoth, with a little 3 day break in Austin..You Texans are the most welcoming and polite people, Thanks, I wish I could get something going over here now Gerrys steelie conventions are over.. I may have a think on that! I think I have the right backing guys in my band especially with John Stannard as our Lead G. Blabbering on a bit now so Bye, David Hartley
Paddy Long

Christchurch, New Zealand
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2006 6:21 pm    

Hey David, Ted Nesbitt and the Scottish lads, along with a couple of Canadians, Aussies and little old Kiwi boy me, made a regular visit to the bar at the Harvey ...Commonwealth corner in fact. I'm surprised you didn't catch us all there at some stage. I think Ted would have spent a fair amount of time in the Mullen room as well. I had a great time in Dallas too.
Fred Justice

Mesa, Arizona
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2006 7:31 pm    

Hey David, I'm so glad Fran and you had such a great time in Texas. It was a pleasure seeing you take possession of your new Rains Steel Guitar, I'm really glad you like it so well and you can play my guitar any time you want to pal. Keep in touch with us over here.

------------------
Fred Justice,
Fred's Music www.fredjusticemusic.com
Rains Steel Guitars

clive swindell

Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, UK
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2006 12:22 am    

Hi Dave

We all kept looking for you but never found you, we even found a picture of you on a CD at Scotty's booth but still couldn't find you!
Dag Wolf

Bergen, Norway
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2006 3:38 am    

Hi David,
yeah, Texas was great.

If you talk to John Stannard tell him I said hi.
I did tour some with him over 20 years ago...

Dag
Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2006 4:49 am    

Hi David! I really enjoyed your playing at the Rains booth. You are a fine player and have a fine guitar to go along with it. Hope to see you again someday.

JC
Jim Gorrie

Edinburgh ~ road works congestion capital of The World.
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2006 10:34 am    

Hi David . . . I had you on my list of people to meet at the Dallas Jambo but didn't bump into you either - just like a whole lot of other names on my list -- there were just so many faces there. I dragged along my wife and her sister + husband and they were all very impressed at the friendliness of everyone there ~ they thought it was just one big family ~ and of course, we KNOW that it is !
Now that Gerry's Newbury Festival no longer happens, do yourself a favour and hop on over to Ireland in October !
basilh

United Kingdom
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2006 11:22 am    

Quote:
I think I have the right backing guys in my band

Please Post a sound clip so we can judge subjectively ..
It would be very hard to get better than the guys who play at the Irish Steel Guitar Convention..

------------------
Quote:
Steel players do it without fretting

[This message was edited by basilh on 11 April 2006 at 12:23 PM.]

Skip T

Lubbock , Tx. U S A
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2006 2:32 pm    

David,
It was a pleasure to finally meet you ( and Fran ) in person. Really enjoying the CDs Thanks and hope you will visit TX again long time friend - - Skip