| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Marsha Thornton: Where is she?
Michael Breid

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 15 Nov 2005 6:47 am    

Reading the topic about the song, "A Bottle of Wine and Patsy Cline" by Marsha Thornton got me to wondering. What ever happened to her? I always thought she was a fine country singer. Anybody out there know of her whereabouts nowadays?

Michael in the Ozarks
jeffrey

Post  Posted 15 Nov 2005 9:50 am    

Her rather brief webpage http://www.marshathornton.com/ ,says she's been doing jingle work and her own projects.
Michael Holland

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2005 8:39 am    

The last time I saw her she was driving a shuttle for the Fly Away out here near the Nashville airport.
Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2005 12:09 am    

I had the pleasure of playing guitar with Marsha right before she stopped touring. Her material was great. Albert Lee played on her record which made her music even that much more fun to learn. She was a very talented lady and it's a shame that her career didn't take off like it should have. There really isn't any rhyme nor reason to the music biz.
George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2005 3:19 am    

There has only been a couple of times in my life that I literally rushed out to buy an album after hearing a new artist. I think it was on CMT that I saw a video of Marsha doing everything from her album. I was just blown away, to say the least. I bought the album the next day!!!! The sad fact is that the music biz is more about business, management, and promotion than talent. Such a shame for talented people like Marsha. Another girl singer that did me the same way when I first heard her was Dawn Sears.
Michael Breid

Eureka Springs, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2005 1:57 pm    

I found a Dawn Sears tape in a bargin bin at a Dollar Shop about three years ago. Man, what a talent. Her version of "No Relief In Sight" is a classic. I first heard Willie Rainsford sing that on the Midnight Jamboree and was hooked on the song. Got to work a few sessions with Willie. Super piano player. Wonder what Dawn Sears is doing now? Jingles pay good money sometimes, and why beat your head against the wall waiting for a hit when you make good $$$$ singing for the man? Marsha Thornton, Dawn Sears, Laney Hicks, all super talents. Probably I'm listening to one of them now on the telly sing about McDonald's or Mr. Clean. They're really terrific.
Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2005 5:12 pm    

I thought I saw Dawn Sears singing with Vince Gill on the Grand Ole Opry Saturday night...

------------------
http://home.comcast.net/~steves_garage