| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Paul Franklin
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2005 7:32 pm    

Hey, Paul, do you remember a song the group Blackhawk recorded called "Think Again'? I've got Blackhawk's "The Sky's The Limit" cd and I read the musicians list and it said you played steel on it. I'm learning the song on steel and I practiced the song three or four times today. I love the steel work on "Think Again". Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jennings Ward

Edgewater, Florida, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2005 7:42 pm    

BRET, DID YOU GET TO GO TO ST. LOUIS, TO THE
STEEL GUITAR CONVENTION.....DID YOU ENJOY ALL
THE GOOD PICKERS????JENNINGS
U PK;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +
Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 7 Sep 2005 7:55 pm    

Hey, Jennings, no I wasn't there this time. I was camping in the mountains, but I wish I could've been there. I went to the ISGC in 2003 and I was really amazed by all the pickers. I really love the International Steel Guitar Convention. I wondered who was pickin' a lot Saturday because I wondered how the show was turning out. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Clyde Mumpower

Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2005 4:26 am    

Hi, Bret
When you go camping do you take your Steel Guitar with you? My wife and I go up to Cherokee N.C. to a campground and really enjoy it. I take my Steel Guitar and set it up out side and have a great time picking. I have a good friend who also plays Steel and he and his wife go too. we get an audience around at times . It sure is fun. Where in the mountains do you go if it is not to personal.
Clyde Mumpower

[This message was edited by Clyde Mumpower on 08 September 2005 at 05:27 AM.]

[This message was edited by Clyde Mumpower on 08 September 2005 at 05:28 AM.]

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2005 8:18 am    

Clyde, I don't take my steel camping with me because we camp in a campground called Smokemont, near Cherokee and there's no electricity. Brett, Emmons S-10, Morrell lapsteel, GFI Ultra D-10
Roger Crawford

Griffin, GA USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2005 8:22 am    

Hey Brett... get a battery powered amp! See you soon, buddy!
Clyde Mumpower

Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2005 10:41 am    

Bret, Roger has the right idea. I like going to the camp grounds and I use to camp like you were doing. However, I guess between a combination of age and lazy I just drive mine in now. I meet a lot of nice people in camp grounds and many of them play a music insturment as well. I carry my steel with me on every trip I take. I am sorry I have not got to here you play lately but I from what I here you are sure sounding great.
Clyde Mumpower