| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Question for Pete Finney
Wayne Tyler

new castle de USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2005 9:39 am    

Pete: To begin with I have enjoyed your playing and have never had the pleasure to hear you in person. Hopefully one day. I have a up and coming gig with a female singer and one of the songs she wants to do is the Patti Loveless song "You don't know who I am" in the key of Db or C#. My question is when the steel comes in on the intro at the 14th fret with the harmonics is the individual strings played by harmonically picking them at what would be the next octane or over the 26th fret if it were there. I guess the best way to ask this question is, how do you play it? Thanks for taking the time to read and answer this post.
Pete Finney

Nashville Tn.
Post  Posted 21 Jun 2005 1:26 pm    

Hi Wayne,

I wish that was one of her tracks that I'd played on; what a great song! Paul Franklin did that particular track... In C# or Db the intro's played on the 16th fret, strings 3,4, 5, and 8 with the "B&C" pedals on and off; the harmonic is "struck" on each note at what would be the 28th (!) fret. It's up there! It can be tough to get every time, especially getting the harmonic to ring out on the 8th string (for me anyway).

Thanks for the kind words... As far as coming to hear me play sometime; the nearest we'll be to Delaware that I know of is Atlantic City, New Jersey on July 8th, or the "Rams Head" in Annapolis, Md. on October 14th... Don't know how close either one is to you but come out if you can, and say hi. The Atlantic City show will be Patty along with my most recent former "boss", Trace Adkins...
Wayne Tyler

new castle de USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2005 2:54 am    

Pete: Thanks for taking the time to answer and tell me the correct fret and pedal position. Hope to meet and hear you play in person in the not to distant future.
Steve Alonzo Walker

Spartanburg,S.C. USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Jun 2005 3:14 am    

Pete, please call me at; 864-431-9197. Or send me you e-dress at; papasteel@charter.net