| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Farris Currie
Ron !

Post  Posted 24 Feb 2005 8:11 am    

I am not sure if this post belongs in this section.But I would like to tell you about a man that became one of my best friends.I have been a member of this great forum in 1998 I think.After a long time of not playing because of financial problems I decided to become a member again.I did not have the money to buy me a steel so I tried to build one.After my first steel I wanted to build more steels and try to give my family some more financial space.I did build some steels and sold them and we went on vacation from the profit I made.A couple of months ago I ran into a man here on the forum and we started to mail each other.He told me in the many conversations we had that he build some steel guitars in his early years.And that he had some parts left that I could have if I wanted them.I could take these parts and let a foundry cast me some more.I found a foundry that is willing to provide me with the neccesary parts.This means that I can build all the steels that I want.
I can build all kinds now.From S10's to D10's.Even Universals will be no problem anymore.The man that made this possible is Farris Currie.I cannot thank the man enough for what he did.He even shipped the parts without costs.
I just wanted you people to know what a great guy this man is.Having heart problems and his sick wife does not bother him when it comes to helping out a fellow steel player.Right now I am trying to get me the money to visit him in a couple of months.
For me he is one of the greatest people here on the forum and I know that there are many.
Thank you Farris for returning our dreams.

Ron.

------------------
Nikaro SD10 4x6 ,Nikaro SD10 4x5,2 Peavey Ultratube 112

European Steel Guitar Forum

[This message was edited by Ronald Steenwijk on 24 February 2005 at 08:12 AM.]

John Daugherty

Rolla, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2005 9:58 am    

Hey Ron, did you find any possums in the box?
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2005 10:15 am    

i was gonna ask ya' the same thing Ron
the customs must have loved possum too huh ?
Farris sent me an enveloppe full of BBQ smoke
Jeanie Richardson

Charleston, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2005 10:43 am    

Jennings, you'd better get on here and defend yourself--pronto. Jeanie
Doyle Mitchell

Loraine, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2005 10:56 am    

This man rides out hurricanes like Texans ride broncs. I survived a Texas tornado and he survived a Fla. hurricane the same day.We both walked away with our lives that day miles apart, this is what I remember when I think of Farris.
Wayne Morgan

Rutledge, TN, USA
Post  Posted 24 Feb 2005 3:34 pm    

When I think of Farris, I think of a kind and gental man, who is full of Bull,,,,that I have come to think of as a friend.

Wayne
Willis Vanderberg

Petoskey Mi
Post  Posted 26 Feb 2005 12:28 pm    

Yes....old Ferris is a great guy.
But we now have to drive a hundred miles away to find a possum, they are very scarce around here.I wonder if you was to run a Armidillo through the dish washer with some bleach if it would tase about the same ?
Jennings might have a clue on that one .

Bud
Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Mar 2005 6:16 am    

Like to thank each one of you for being so special to me.it means so much to answer the phone and no that you care enough to call,and those post on the forum,yep i love the ribbing too. it means a lots to have special friends never seen,but just the caring that is shown.
farris
Ron !

Post  Posted 1 Mar 2005 8:12 am    

I drink to that.

Ron

------------------

Farris Currie

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 6:26 am    

Thanks RON,now everone thinks i'm a drunk ha ha, appreciate you guys.
farris
Don Poland

Hanover, PA.
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 8:30 am    

You mean you're NOT?? ....all those stories I heard.....Hmmmmm??

------------------
1974 MSA D10 7+4
Ron !

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 12:08 pm    

Sorry Farris.
Image shack seem not to host a picture longer then 2 days.

Ron

------------------

Jennings Ward

Edgewater, Florida, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 3:43 pm    

HEY FERRIS, HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY RON FOR THAT POST????? QUITE ABIT I'LL BET...... PARD, I WAS IN BARTOW YESTERDAY AND ATE AT THE POSSUM B,B Q . PLACE. THE WATRESS TOLD ME THEY WER OUT OF POSSUM AND YOU WERE DATCHING THEM AND SENDING THEM TO NEW YORK,, CHICAGO, SAN FRAN, DALLAS , ST. LOL AND ALL PARTS IN BETWEEN.... AND YOU DID NOT SAVE ANY FOR ME......I AM MAD AS H**l.... TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY AND I DONT HAVE ANY POSSUM PIE, POSSUM CAKE, POSSUM DUMPLINS, POSSUM BBQ OR ANY POSSUM AT ALL..... I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED.....I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO SWITCH TO POSSUM ON THE HALF SHELL, DONT TAST THE SAME THOUGH, SKIN IS TOO TOUGH AND YOU CANT MAKE MOSICAN STRINGS AND THE GIRLS WILL NOT WEAR THEM AS G-STRINGS PR BREACH CLOTHS OR BRAS.. SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE...WHERE CAND WE IMPORT ANY POSSUMS???? DO THEY HAVE THEM IN CHINA. NETHERLSNDS , ENGLAND. SOUTH AMERICA,,WHERE CAN WE ORDER THEM FROM????? ANY IDEAS?????
WHAT A SAD BIRTHDAY WITHOUT ANY POSSUM......I COULD ALMOST CRY...70 YRS OLD ACD CRYING FOR POSSUM .... NOW THAT IS A B***H........ I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS FERRIS..... LATER JENNINGS.........

WE LOVE YOU FERRIS...YOU ARE A VERY NICE GUY.....

------------------
EMMONS D10 10-10 profex 2 deltafex ne1000 pv1000, pv 31 bd eq, +
Larry Strawn

Golden Valley, Arizona, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 5:30 pm    

Jennings,,,,I've been meaning to ask you this,,Me being born and raised in S.E. Ok. I am reall familar with eatin POSSUM, but Living up here in this N.W. corner of Az. I find our supply of POSSUM to be really limited!! The question I want to ask is,,,Can a body SUBSTITUTE " Rattle Snake" since we do seem to have an over abundance of them?? [shoot um off the front porch]!! With your "knowledge" of supper FAVORITES I thought I would ask.
Waiting for your reply
Larry

------------------
Emmons S/D-10, 3/4, Sessions 400 Ltd. Home Grown E/F Rack
"ROCKIN COUNTRY"

[This message was edited by Larry Strawn on 02 March 2005 at 05:32 PM.]

[This message was edited by Larry Strawn on 02 March 2005 at 05:33 PM.]

Jennings Ward

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 5:49 pm    

LARRY, HAS FERRIS BEEN OUT YOUR WAY TOO?????SHORTAGE OF POSSUMS??????? STEEL PLAYERS ARE KNOWN TO DO STRANGE THINGS, EATIN POSSUM. POSSUM ON HALF SHELL, TURTLE EGGS,,DRUMSTICKS OFF BUZZARDS,,,,,TUNING THEIR STEEL GUITARS SO'S NO ONE ELSE CAN PLAY THEM, SET THEIR COPEDENTS A&& BACKWARDS AND SO ON..... NOW SUBING RATTLE SNAKE FOR POSSUMS, IT WOULD TAKE A FAR STRETCH TO DO THAT....I'VE EATEN R-SNAKE,,,DONT GET ME WRONG, IT IS GOOD , BUT HIT DONT TASTE LIKE POSSUMS.....WHAT YOU COULD CO IS CHOP HIM IN LONG PIECES, AMD MAKE ROUND PIECES AND REY HIM GOOD ON BOTH SIDES,,,SPRINKLE POWDERED SUGAR OR POOR MOLASES ON HIT AND SELL IT FOR PROTEIN DO-NUTS...THE LOCAL HIGH SHERIFF SHOULD SCOFF THEM UP AS FAST AS YOU CAN MAKE THEM FOR HIS DEPS////// NOW DONT TELL FERRIS I TOLD YOU OR HE WILL TRY IN......JENNINGS

------------------
Farris Currie

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 5:52 pm    

Wow,Larry me and those rattle snakes dont get along!!Jennings might eat um but not me. Jennings you see my possum cooker,man i can cook a few a one time.boy you talk about a wonderful smell,man nothing like a possum barbque!!BUD they are getting hard to come by,plenty of those armadilos tho.they say they are fine eatting to.dang had some possums in a pen,dogs turned it over and they got away. now don't got nothing. farris
Larry Strawn

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 6:13 pm    

I'd of eaten them dang dawgs!!!!
Larry
Duncan Hodge

DeLand, FL USA
Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 7:08 pm    

Hey Farris,
How we gonna get Jennings out to Lake Pan next week for the jam? I'm not going iff'n he isn't. I just hope he gets better soon, although, my cholesterol is lower since I stopped eating the fried oysters at Catfish Johnny's.
Duncan
Farris Currie

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 7:50 pm    

HEY DUNCAN,easy on Jennings now,i hopeing to work up a trade with him for one of those guitars he got.i have a tractor he might trade me for if we can get the picture on here.like to get one of those emmons he has put in the closet.mabe Ron will post a picture of my trading material tomorrow.Jennings,i be waiting for you saying its a deal.Larry,i been looking at those fat dogs pretty close man. never skined one of dem dar things before.
Wonder where dat Jeanie lady is??she probaly tell us how to skin one of dem dare muts huh farris
Jennings Ward

Post  Posted 2 Mar 2005 8:55 pm    

FERRIS, JEANNIE DONT MESS WITH NO DOGS, SHE HAS BEAR, DEAR.....AND BARE DEER TO WORRY ABOUT.. IF YOU WANT TO SKIN THEM DOGS DO THIS, RAIS THEIT TAILS, REACH IN , GRAB A HOLD ON THEIR NOSES AND HERK REAL HARD,,,,,SLICKEST WAY TO SKINA DOG YOU HAVE EVER SEEN... TRY IT..AND LET MY POSSUMS A.ONE...CATCH YOU SOME RATTLERS OR GO FO COTTON MOUTH,,, COTTON MOUTH DONT MAKE ANY NOISE......BE CAREFULL......I DONT WANT A TRACTOR, THAT MEANS WORK,,,,NOTHING TO PLOW..WIFE DOES THAT,,,,,HER JOB.... NO WMMONS TO TRADE, I HAVE A MARTIN D28 YOU SHOULD OWN, A GIBSON J 45, A GIBSON CUSTOM LESS PAUL, [ BLACK BEAUTY ] GOLD HARDWARE.....I MAY HAVE A 4 X 8 FENDER WITH A SUPER REVERB AND A CLASSIC FOOT PEDAL [ TONE AND VOL. ON ON PEDAL]] NOW THAT IS A SYSTEM SOME ONE WOULD TRADE WIFE AND KIDS FOR AND THROW MOTHER IN LAW IN TOO BOOT....BUT I DONT NEED THEM,,,, I NEED CASH TO PAY DOCTOR BILLS.....THEY HAVE BROKE ME.....WHAT YOU THINK OF RATTLE SNAKE DONOUGHTS......SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD.....ARMADILLO PANTIES FOR THE GIRLS,,,,NO WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY. MAN// CAME HOME THRU YEE - HAW JUNCTION.. NO POSSUM, NO ARMIDALLO AND NO NAKED GIRLS.......WHAT IS GOING ON?/?? FERRIS i'LL TRADE YOU A BANGER........ LATER MY FRIEND,,,,,,JENNINGS....DUNCAN,,,GIVE ME A CALL AT 386-423=1387 ,,, ANY TIME,,, YOU TOO FERRIS, I HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU.......NEXT TIME A WHILE AGO,,,,,,,,,,,,JENNINGS

------------------
Ron !

Post  Posted 3 Mar 2005 1:50 pm    

Hey Jennings.
What do I hear for great story's my friend.You are trading one of your D10 P/P's for that nice shiny tractor Farris got standing in his backyard?

I have an old lawnmower.....maybe that is worth a trade too???

Ron

------------------

[This message was edited by Ronald Steenwijk on 03 March 2005 at 01:51 PM.]

Larry Strawn

Post  Posted 3 Mar 2005 7:19 pm    

Jeennings ,, rattle snake dough nuts may be all right!! We got Coon Tails, Mohave greens, Mohave Reds, Side Winders, and Pacific Rattlers!!! Make a good variety!! no Cotton Mouth Moccasins [too dry] Well maybe we got some now after all this rain!!

Ferris,, Don't be cuttin in on Jennings' SNAKE NUTS!!
Larry
John Davis

Cambridge, U.K.
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2005 12:29 am    

Farris, Could you post me a picture of a possum? you see we don`t get any this far east and I kinda wondered what they looked like?? If your unable to catch one I would settle for a sketch and some information.
ie. would one possum feed four ex-wives??
Many thanks, your friend in the UK.
JD
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2005 2:25 am    

John : http://incres.anu.edu.au/possum/possum.html http://www.kiva.net/~kiwi/opossum/opossum.htm http://www.invasive-animals.org.nz/possum/

Ron !

Post  Posted 4 Mar 2005 3:21 am    

John they look so nice with those beady little eyes huh?
Still want them for your four ex-wives?
Better settle for them wifes my friend.

Here's one that Jennings caught for diner.Jennings is the man in Florida when it comes to Possum.He blame's everything on Farris but I think that he is the one poaching them territory's.Running 'round with that shotgun of his.

Ron

------------------

[This message was edited by Ronald Steenwijk on 04 March 2005 at 03:32 AM.]