| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  bobbe seymour?
Jerry Warner

Charleston, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 8:25 pm    

WHY DO YOU PLAY SO GOOD AND SO TASTFUL, MAN WHAT I HAVE HEARD IT IS GOOD STUFF THAT YOU PLAY AND IS IT FROM THE HEART OR THE FEET OR THE KNEE'S, PICKS, BAR OR WHAT MAN THE STUFF I HAVE ON CD OR TAPE IS GREAT, MAN WHAT A SOUND ON STEEL YOU NEED TO BE IN THE SGHOF AND WHY NOT SOME I ? BUT THATS ONLY ME TALKING AND WHO IS ME? JUST A THOUGHT!
Eric West

Portland, Oregon, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2004 8:29 pm    

Ya know, I was just thinking that myself..

EJL
Allan Thompson

Scotland.
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 2:34 am    

Great playing, great tone, great personality and a wealth of knowledge. Definately hall of fame material.
Tony Davis

Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 3:22 am    

I was intending writing a bit with the same title as this....so I'll just tag it onto this one.
During the week after St Louis we were in Nashville...on the Saturday,my wife Lyn and our friend Marsha wanted to go shopping..so asked could Marshas husband..Rick...take me to Bobbe's place instead......we followed them but couldnt find it....had to call Smiley for directions.
Marsha introduced Rick to Bobbe and then introduced me........Bobbe only said two words to me.."GET OUT !!!!!"and pointed at the door !!!!!!!!!!!!
Ater that it was a big handshake and a hug.......and Ï'm just looking after a couple of customers......please wander round.....drag whatever you want to try over to the amps over there......the workshop is over there...go have a look around"
I felt most welcome and comfortable.....did try out a couple of steels.......when Bobbe
had finished with his customers,he came over and showed me his famous thumb picking and playing tune at same time....I can do that on acoustic guitar but not on steel!!!!!
I told him I was not in the market for anything...just wanted to stop by and say G'day.
He took us in the workshop and showed us a Sho Bud that was in a million pieces..had just been refinished in a beautiful metallic blue and was ready to be built back up.......to see a steel in absolute bits is awsome !!!!
At about this time,Smiley walked in in his Smiley pyjamas!!!!...great fun...we stayed around and quite a few interesting stories were told......at one time ..Smiley looked at a guitar on the floor..had a look underneath and said.."You know..I think this is one of my old guitars!"
As were leaving,Bobbe said..."Just a minute,I have something for you....and GAVE me FOUR of his CD"S !!!!!!How Nice !!!!
I also bought a steel guitar Tee shirt and he only charged me about half price!
So thank you Bobbe.....you certainly made me feel welcome........as did everyone else in Nashville !!

[This message was edited by Tony Davis on 07 October 2004 at 04:27 AM.]

Larry Robbins

Fort Edward, New York
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 12:16 pm    

I said it before,and I'll say it agin...
I think this Bobbe Seymour fella, just might have a future in this business!!

------------------
Sho-Bud ProII, Pro III,
Nash 400,Hilton pedal,
RV-5."There's been an awful murder, down on music row"

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 12:27 pm    

I have a cassette tape of a live show Bobbe did with Johnny Paycheck about 10 years ago and I have never ever heard better steel guitar playing than old Bobbe Seymour did on that cassette. He is definitely one of the best.
Jerry
Pat Burns

Branchville, N.J. USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 3:47 pm    

...there's other world-class players, but not many are live entertainers the way Bobbe is...he's fun to see live, he's more than just a player, and that sets him apart...
James Marlowe

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 4:45 pm    

One of my favorite cd's in the whole world is of Bobbe "Live in Las Vegas". Man, what a sound! And besides that, he gave me the cd the first time I met him even though I didn't spend a penny in his shop! I made up for it the next trip when I relieved him of the Zum SD10, 4+5. What a sweet guitar! Thanks Bobbe, you da man!
Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2004 6:39 pm    

Nothing is more important in life to me than great friends, I am blessed.
bobbe
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2004 4:38 pm    

nobody EVER had a better tone on the push pull guitar than Bobbe.I want to sound like that when I grow up.

Db
Buck Grantham R.I.P.

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2004 4:42 pm    

Me too !!!!!
James Morehead

Prague, Oklahoma, USA - R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2004 5:17 pm    

Well now, I have Bobbe's cd "Priceless" and I just love it. Thankyou Bobbe, I enjoy it very much!!
Pat Carlson

Sutton, Nebraska, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2004 10:05 pm    

Bobbe I love your tape PRICELESS listen to it on the way to work. The Sun Comes up and I Truly Marvel at your Awseome skills on PSG. Maybee.......Someday i Can play like you

------------------
The Lone Prairie Steeler Pat

Skip Cole

North Mississippi
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2004 6:52 am    

Several years back, while i visited Bobbe's shop in Goodlettsville, he gave me a tape of a show that was recorded at the Wheeling Jamboree, with Johnny Paycheck. Man, was i ever delighted, listened to it many times, loaned it to a friend that lost it. I could've croaked. Sure hope you find the master to that one Bobbe and reproduce it, one great piece of work by all involved. By the way, i didn't know Mr Paycheck played steel that fluently . Just kiddin Bobbe, i know it was Lloyd .

------------------
"I Can Only Imagine"

Jerry Tillman

Florida
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2004 8:23 am    

Boobe Seymour,what a great guy.I called to tell him how much I enjoy his thumb picking video and ask how he did it as I had tried to take a pass at it and failed.He said to try both thumbs in my pass the next time and I might be more successfull.I appreciate Booty taking the time to talk to a mid-levelly educated red neck from the south. ls
Dan Sliter

Dardanelle,Arkansas
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2004 4:40 pm    

HA, I told you so!!!!!!!!!1
Bobby D. Reed

Hendersonville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2004 5:32 am    

I happen to like old Bobbe pretty well myself. Hey Bobbe, remember. ownership can severly alter price...ha ha....Bobby
Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2004 4:54 pm    

Bobbe Seymour? You said it , the greatest. Get on his Email list and he will send you his weekly update. And they are really Treasures.....al

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Farris Currie

Ona, Florida, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2004 6:06 pm    

hey guys,Bobbe must be out or something,i didn't get no mail from him today!i always look forward to thursday and Bobbes mail.he's the greatest friend a man could ever have,{unless}ha ha!!!!just watch the girls!!!farris
Bob Smith

Allentown, New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2004 8:58 am    

Geez, I thought he was in that Hall of Fame?Whats goin on here? Bobbe wasnt one of those old hippies was he? Bob
Jerry Warner

Charleston, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2004 12:13 am    

HEY THE MAN BOBBE NEEDS TO BE IN THE S.O.F. WHAT SAY YOU!
Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2004 1:38 am    

who's Bobbe Seymour ?

never heard of him..

t
Chuck McGill

An hour from Memphis and 2 from Nashville, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2004 2:58 am    

Bobbe can do more with no pedals and knees
than most players with. He has a great tone
in his hands.
Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2004 10:26 am    

Jerry-Thanks for the post.

Definitley, Bobb Seymour, Julian Tharpe and Maurice Anderson should be in the St.Louis Steel Guitar Hall of Fame.

They ALREADY are True Steel guitar Hall of Fame members in our hearts.........AL .

------------------
My Website..... www.cmedic.net/~almarcus/

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2004 9:25 am    

Nice thoughts, I think everyone should be in the HOF. You are in my personal HOF!
I was thinking about this the other day and was thinking about what the HOF is. What I came up with is: "It's eight guys paying respect and showing admiration to the players they like and appreciate". I'd like to be on their list, but most of all, I'd like to be on everyones personal "HOF" list. These board members that make the decisions on who goes in and who doesn't are all friends of mine , I respect and like them all very much, but there are thousands of other players out there in the world that mean very much to me, as does what THEY think. How I feel about my personal accomplishments in life are directly affected by what others feel about them.
So, would I like being recognised by my peers for what I've accomplished in my "steel guitar life"??? Sure I would!!
I think any of us would. But my ever being in this Hall Of Fame may never come about, but this won't stop me from honoring and appreciating those who "make it" in. I'm so glad that we have a way of showing our appreciation for the wonderful folks that these eight board members have chosen to be in the HOF.
I'll do anything I can to support this great foundation, as we all should.

Now, let's not be mad about who isn't in it, but rather be happy about who IS in it. There is nothing wrong with loving and appreciating a player that isn't a HOF member. Many folks seem to "not agree" with the eight board members on some choices, this is fine and understandable, this is America, we can dissagre, but just remember, at least we DO have a Hall Of Fame, and we have some very great and deserving players in it. Lets stand behind them.
Is there a Banjo HOF? A bass HOF? A Electric keyboard HOF? I think that us weird steel players are a great and lucky bunch.

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 25 October 2004 at 10:32 AM.]