Reply to topic
Author Topic:  EH150 Help with pricing please
Cris Linscott

Cornwall, UK
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2005 8:39 am    

Dear All

I had a lot of advice about EH150's generally here; thanks to all for that:
http://steelguitarforum.com/Forum2/HTML/007621.html

As a result I passed on the guitar. Now another has cropped up this time in the USA. I've been sent some pictures and put them together in Acrobat(.pdf)file here.
http://www.waterlands.co.uk/EH150_opt.pdf (small file 250Kbs) http://www.waterlands.co.uk/EH150.pdf (larger file 3Mbs)

Apparently there's an EH150 amplifier as well which is described as "working"!

The condition of the guitar isn't as good as some I've seen and there's something strange going on at the nut. Not too worried about this as I've access to a repairers workshop.

Any help would be gratefully received

[This message was edited by Cris Linscott on 25 August 2005 at 09:44 AM.]

Dan Sawyer

Studio City, California, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2005 9:24 am    

It looks correct to me. This is the real deal Christian pickup. The nut seems to be a metal replacement, but i can't tell from the "small" photos. bTW, the backs on EH150s are removable. The amps you mention are quite desirable by themselves.
Ron Victoria

New Jersey, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2005 9:43 am    

Wow Chris, you are persistent in your quest. I thought you would have found one by now. Good luck, Ron
Cris Linscott

Cornwall, UK
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2005 9:57 am    

Ron

My persistence just has to pay off sometime! Seems like I've been dogged. Only tracked four of them; one refinished (non standard),one turned out to be guitarcenter; way too pricey, one a dealer who sold it from out under me and this one... at least I have the BR and the sixth tunings are just as interesting as you promised
Chuck Fisher

Santa Cruz, California, USA * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2005 10:11 am    

This one needs a nut, the the top is separating, and this is a later one and I'm not sure that it has the removable back. If not, you gotta split it to fix the top. You could fix any wiring issues then too. If it all works ok you possibly could glue the top from the outside and carefully clamp it with a ton-o-clamps. (use paper or cardboard to protect finish.

BTW, the EH-100 sounds pretty much the same, are very elegant looking, and can be had cheaper. '37 thru '39 models can be half the price of the eh150.
Max Laine

Pori, Finland
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2005 10:13 am    

It looks like it has lost the original nut and has a "Hawaiian nut extender" as a replacement. It's not positioned correctly and won't play in tune, so you have to make a new nut for it. Otherwise it seems to be in ok shape, probably played a lot but not abused. The original EH-150 amp is probably worth much more than the guitar...
Richard Shatz

St. Louis
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2005 3:10 pm    

I think Max nailed it. Also it looks like like part of the first fret space has been removed to accomodate the wider nut. I have 25 Gibson lap steels. They all have a bladelike metal bridge except for the Skylark, which has a rounded metal bridge. I will post some photos as soon as I can.
Richard Shatz

St. Louis
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2005 5:45 pm    

I meant nut.