| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  To My Friends
Jody Carver

KNIGHT OF FENDER TWEED
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 10:10 am    

I have been reffered to as a "Cornball" & that may be so. I have been called a Long
Story and Boring guy,,and that may be so as well. I have been called other things by people which have complimented me.

I have been in this business all of my life &
like others have had my "ups and downs".

I feel at this time rather than e mail each of my friends,I will post something I feel is
appropriate as to my feelings right now.

You can accept in in the manner it is intended,,,,corny maybe?,,stupid?,,maybe,,but
most of all "Its what Iam ALL ABOUT".

This has always been one of my very favorite
songs and I used it for years as a "theme song" so with that said,I will proceed to bore you this one more time.

You can play along if you wish,,any key will do,,Im certain you all know the "melody" and
maybe some of you remember the lyrics.

Its for people I hold in the highest regard and have shown their friendship for me and my
wife during our tough times. It is also for
others who have offered me their friendship.

I'll try to remember the lyrics,,play along with me if you wish,and if not,its no problem
as I do have thin skin and Im proud to say that,,its always been a plus for me,as I consider the other person as well,,in my
consideration for others as not to hurt them
in any way,,keeping in mind that they too may
be "thin skinned" like me.

Any Key you Please,,,,,,,

SEPTEMBER SONG

FOR IT'S A LONG LONG WHILE,FROM MAY TO DECEMBER,,BUT THE DAYS GROW SHORT WHEN YOU
REACH SEPTEMBER.

AND THE "AUTUMN" WEATHER TURNS THE LEAVES TO
FLAME & I HAVEN'T GOT TIME FOR THE WAITING
GAME.

AND THE DAYS DWINDLE DOWN,,,,TO A PRECIOUS
FEW...SEPTEMBER,,,NOVEMBER,,,DECEMBER
AND THESE FEW PRECIOUS DAYS I'LL SPEND WITH
YOU,THESE PRECIOUS DAYS I'LL SPEND WITH YOU.

AND THE DAYS DWINDLE DOWN,,TO A PRECIOUS FEW

SEPTEMBER,,,NOVEMBER,,,DECEMBER,,AND THESE FEW PRECIOUS
DAYS I'LL SPEND WITH YOU...

THESE PRECIOUS DAYS....I'LL SPEND WITH YOU.
DON SULESKY
HOWARD R.
EVERETT C.
PAUL G.
NICK A
JOHN P.
KEOKI GEORGE
KENNY D.
AND MOST OF ALL..MY GOOD FRIEND AND "IDOL"

GENE JONES. AND TO ALL OF YOU WHOEVER YOU MAY
BE.

JODY & My Late wife MARILYN and my Dear Friend who has helped me all she could I will always remember that person as long as I live. "SJE" EDITED FOR MY THANKS TO ALL.
OF YOU.

Copywrite (C) By Jody Carver
2005 All Rights Reserved

[This message was edited by Jody Carver on 02 May 2005 at 11:20 PM.]

Danny Bates

Fresno, CA. USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 10:50 am    

You aren't boring or "long winded" to me. I love all of your posts and find them very interesting... You have a great spirit!
Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 11:42 am    

Jody....after your post I couldn't resist playing this...I hope Eb is OK: September Song Thank you my friend....Gene Jones

www.genejones.com

[This message was edited by Gene Jones on 25 January 2005 at 02:11 PM.]

Johan Jansen

Europe
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 11:56 am    

Gene, what a beautiful song!
It keeps me warm in the chilly wind that's blowing leaves from the trees, and let's me feel comfy with a hot coffee
Thanks,
JJ www.steeljj.com
Paul Graupp

Macon Ga USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 1:04 pm    

My computer is really not user friendly and then again, perhaps it is just me. When Gene put up those songs from his work, the only one I was able to spend enough time to download and save was September Song.

I can still hear Jimmy Durante's mature and aged rendition. That was when I first realized what the meaning of the words held secret. It has always kept me in awe. I told the band I was with recently, before it broke up, that this summer we were going to learn how to perform that song. I did not realize it was already October.

Jody; I hear what you are saying and I understand. I, like so many others have become dejected about the Forum and now find it hard to say freely what had come so easily before. Fools rush in.....that was me and I am reeling from the shock to my common sensibility. I doubt if I would ever quit but it will take some time to gather my wits and feelings into one circle and begin over. Give me a moment, please !!

Regards, Paul
Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 1:32 pm    

Jody-I dont think you are a boring cornball-I think you are more interesting and knowledgeable than that Hang in there Pal-the words of the song hit me and I understand where you are coming from with the illnesses and all because I too have my dearest friend and companion who is battling a tough fight against her cancer getting into later stages now-it makes me think about those "precious few" of the days that we may have left together now that its September's (Sad) Song
Donny Hinson

Glen Burnie, Md. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 1:46 pm    

Jody, you're a treasure! A spinner of tales that pops in on us every now and then like a mother pops in to check on a sick child, providing wisdom, smiles, and a few stories...reminders that life is just a series of events, and that the only way to relate those events to those who weren't lucky enough to be there is to tell a story.

We love your stories, and we love you, too. You're our own version of Mark Twain, Will Rogers, Robert Benchley, and Dashiell Hammett...all rolled into one.

And if you ask me, that's pretty good company.
Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 6:24 pm    

Whenever I see a Jody Carver post I always read it.You have been funny, Honest and sincere but never boring.And you taught me to keep an eye on my pants at all times..Great song with many meanings.

------------------
CJC

Al Marcus

Cedar Springs,MI USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 8:22 pm    

Jody-You know where you stand with me. You know that I am there as your friend.

I am hoping and praying that you and Marilyn will beat this and have many more happy years together.....al
nick allen

France
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2002 11:17 pm    

I always liked that song, even as a kid... The meaning becomes clearer and clearer as time goes by (as it's supposed to, of course!)
The above comments tell you just how much you ARE appreciated, Jody!
Nick
(still regretting I can't hear Gene's music...)
CrowBear Schmitt

Ariege, - PairO'knees, - France
Post  Posted 9 Sep 2002 12:57 am    

Nice song Jody
can you humm a few bars so i can get the Melody ?
Eb or Bb will do.
Steel digs Cornballs

[This message was edited by CrowBear Schmitt on 09 September 2002 at 01:57 AM.]

Bob Carlson

Surprise AZ.
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2002 10:03 am    

Jody, I think you're a cornball, full of wind and other things. BUT....I still love ya.

I've learned a lot from you about the good old days. And since my age has gotten up there also ( my mind thinks i'm still around 24 ) I enjoy hearing about them. You just keep on letting it fly.

To be real honest Jody, they do get a little long, but if thats the only way they come, i'll take em.

Bob.
Louie Hallford

denison tx
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2002 3:26 pm    

Jody,thanks for the reminder.

I don't remember exactly when I first listened to the words of that song, but I remember the impact they had on me,reminding me of how quickly the Autumn has arrived and how I must stop letting more days get away without telling all the people I love, that I love them. Especially that special person in my life Carolyn, "My Woman, My Woman, My Wife". Thank you too Marty.

Please add me to your long list of friends.
chas smith R.I.P.

Encino, CA, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2002 11:03 pm    

Hey Padre, illigitami non carborundum--Chas
Jason Odd

Stawell, Victoria, Australia
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2002 3:40 pm    

As always, you da man Jody!
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2002 9:22 am    

Whoever termed the phrase "Golden Years" should re-think the terminology. Seems to me certain shades of rust might be confused as being gold. It seems to me the real "Golden Years" are between the ages of 20 - 40 when most of us are at our peak. After 40, it's all downhill, although I must confess I have thoroughly enjoyed my downhill run.
Jody and Marilyn are both experiencing the deceiving rust at a time when these two beautiful people should be showered with as much gold as possible. We luv ya Jody and we're praying for you both.
Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 4:44 am    

David Reeves

Florida
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 5:33 am    

Mr. Carver,

You may remember me, but I sincerely doubt it.
I am the kid that watched you on the black & white round screen TV my grandmomma had in the livin' room. I had a great big grin on my face and started a life-long love affair with music because of you. You had a lot help bringing the love of music to me, good people, good company, Roy Ayers, Hal Rugg, Dr. Hugh, Buddy Emmons,..... need I go on?

I never made the 'big time', we all have our lot in life. But it's the motivation that I got from those of you who led the way that took me from 'goat bar-b-ques' to working with the USO for 13 grand years.

Corny??? I should say not! You are an inspiration. If I never get to shake your hand, if we never meet eyeball to eyeball, I can say.... Yeah, I know Mr. Carver... what a great guy.

I did meet you once.... but more important than that, I have listened to you play thousands of times.

------------------
"Stump" Reeves

P.S. I wanna ad Gene Jones to list of fellers who be a big inspiration, and I still grinned reeeeeaaallll big listnin' to that September song... thanx Gene.

[This message was edited by David Reeves on 11 March 2003 at 08:49 AM.]

David L. Donald

Koh Samui Island, Thailand
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 6:25 am    

Hi Jody I am glad to have met you though your words. And Genes lovely playing on the mp3 of your song choice. I am listening to it now.
I wish I had back in your July.
If sincere is corny... I hope there are more corny people around. To quote the Buffaloe Bills chestnut. "Why should there be any sin in sincere" (long high note here)
Good luck, good times, good friends and good memories. Bonne chance.

[This message was edited by David L. Donald on 11 March 2003 at 07:16 AM.]

Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 6:53 am    

Jody is the "Real Deal".
His strong historical experiences, great sense of humor, and willingness to share, are only equaled by his great musical talent.

Knowing Jody and Marilyn has made my life is richer.

------------------

-j0ey-
www.JoeyAce.com

John Bechtel

Nashville, Tennessee, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 8:56 am    

Jody; You and I are more recent acquaintences, however; A friend, is a friend, is a friend! The best of wishes to both you and Marilyn! "Big John"
Rick Schmidt

Prescott AZ, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 10:02 am    

Jody...This is one of my favorite songs and your posts are some of my favorite on this forum! Keep walkin' the walk and talkin' that talk!

Regards, Rick S.
Leigh Howell

Edinburgh, Scotland * R.I.P.
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 11:15 am    

Jody.
I dont have a lot to say. But I know I wont get rid of these goosebumps for awhile!!
You are a very sensitive person.

Leigh
Ray Montee

Portland, Oregon (deceased)
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 11:53 am    

Hey Jody! Every word you have ever shared with me was printed out and has its place in my JODY CARVER file which I review from time to time. I listen to the music you played and enjoy it more each time.
Just so sorry we weren't neighbors. I could have learned so much more in much less time than banging around alone, as I have for so long.
Keep your posts a comin'. We all love you and altho' some who might disagree with your stories..........would have a tough time trying to dispute anything you've said.
You're our FRIEND..........mentor, historian and I've always needed someone older, like you, to look up to.
Have a great day.
Neil Lang

Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 11 Mar 2003 2:40 pm    

Jody,
"You don't Know Me", guess thats a song also! I am fairly new to the forum, but not to "life", I am 60 yrs old. Have played pedal steel since I was 23. Have seen your name & a few postings on here, but also saw your picture in a book called the "Fender Story". Now anyone making the pages of that book has left their "mark" in the world of guitars! Sure wish I could meet you some day! And the song you mentioned can make anyone "choke up inside" if they let themselves! Especially anyone as old as I am. We all should live each day as if its our last!! Regardless of our age. Keep on POSTIN' !!!!!!!!!!