| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Autographs
Don McClellan

California/Thailand
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2003 12:53 pm    

I went to the Steel Convention in 1976 and got several autographs on a single piece of paper one day. They're all easy to read and they are Reece Anderson, Curly Chalker, Buddy Emmons, Lloyd Green, Weldon Myrick and Jim Murphy. I don't collect autographs but I've been saving these in a scrap book with lots of pics I took of the whole thing. I guess I was hoping something would rub off on me. (and not the ink) Don
Joey Ace

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2003 4:34 pm    

The back of my GFI Seat Backrest has some good ones.
Tom Moorman

Decatur, GA USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2003 8:04 am    

Don,

I've taken my copy of the Winnie Winston Pedal Steel Guitar book with me to a number of events and had their pictures autographed. Lots of treasures, especially the one of Speedy West.

Tom
Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2003 8:14 am    

I like signatures on cd's and records. I wouldn't like them underneath the guitar or seat.
I don't have many, though.

------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten
Sho-Bud LLG; Guyatone 6 string lap steel; John Pearse bar; Emmons bar; Evans SE200 amp

Gene H. Brown

Whitehorse, Yukon Territory, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2003 6:07 pm    

The underside of my LDG is signed by Billy Robinson (HOF) and Bobbe Seymour and a couple of others that I can't remember right now, my steel is at the club where I play.
Nice addition to the bottom of a steel.
Gene
Frank Parish

Nashville,Tn. USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2003 2:31 pm    

My wife has been getting autographs like crazy here lately as she's the bartender at Roberts here in Nashville. This week it's been Jesse Colter, Shooter and Waylons grandson.
Today she was asked to read for an audtion in the sitcom "Family" and refused!
I told her she was ruining my retirement. I could quit and just play music and fish. Just wait until she gets home!
chas smith R.I.P.

Encino, CA, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2003 5:48 pm    

I have a "white face" E-Harp and a 10-string '50s Rickenbacker covered with autographs from the Convention. I also have Buddy Emmons and Jeff Newman's names engraved on my no-Bud. Looking at the names of my heroes is always an inspiration. I played at Clayton Moore's 80th birthday party at the Autry Museum. I wanted to get his, Gene's and Roy Roger's all together under my Bigsby, but Roy had the flu and couldn't make it and Gene was kindof out of it at that time so I have the Lone Ranger by himself. Everytime I see it, I'm reminded of what a great guy he was.
Joerg Hennig

Bavaria, Germany
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2003 11:04 am    

When there´s an occasion, I like getting autographs, but it´s kinda difficult for me to haul my axe to where those guys play, so I just take CD booklets with me or CD´s or books that I bought at the gigs (or Convention). I have Buddy Emmons on the Black Album and two Ray Price reissues, Lloyd Green on his latest, Tom Brumley on the Tom Cattin´ CD´s and tab book, and I´m especially proud of a couple of NRPS LP´s signed by Buddy Cage.

Joe H.