| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Myron Smith - Has anyone seen him?
Roger Andrusky

Waterford, PA, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2003 3:45 am    

Does anyone know where Myron Smith ended up? I heard from Scotty Henderson he's in S.C, but does anyone know anymore than that? I think I met him over 25 years ago in the Ozarks playing at the Country Shindig in the Barn Theater and would like to get in touch with him. Any news would be appreciated. Thanks.
Cliff Waterman

Post  Posted 5 Aug 2003 11:33 am    

Rodger,
Myron is a life long friend of mine and is mostly responsible for getting me into pedal steel. Back in the day, (early '70's), we worked together, him on steel and me on bass. Well after standing and looking over his shoulder 4 to 5 hours a night I had to have a steel, and the rest as they say ... I just spoke to Myron a couple of weeks ago and he is doing fine. He currently lives in "North" Carolina and works in a road band that is based out of "South" Carolina. He said he is really enjoying it. E-mail me and I will give you his number. Cliff
Scott Henderson

Camdenton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2003 2:05 pm    

cliff,
When you played with Myron, did you play at the shindig? I play at Lee Mace's and Stanley Stidham is my cousin and still playing there as well. Think I have heard you're name come up in conversations...just curious.

------------------
Steelin' away in the ozarks and life,
Scott
www.scottyhenderson.com

Cliff Waterman

Post  Posted 6 Aug 2003 8:07 am    

Scott,
I did not play for Denny at the Shindig. I did do some private dates with him. My wife & I ran the concession stand one year while Myron and Stanley were there. Myron and Stanley traded off between drums, and steel guitar. Stanley was at that time a very good steel player and his guitar playing is without question, (then and now). Myron, Stanley, and myself all worked together playing clubs and worked for a local guy there named Taylor. We also worked at a place called Gold Nugget Junction that used to be across the hi-way from the Shindig building. It was an old west town with train, gunfights in the street, saloon, music, etc. It was a lot of fun. I did play in Shindig theatre later with Cal Smith and Glenda Manzer played drums. I understand she is with the Mace show now along with my cousin Bonnie. Actually Stanley is a distant cousin as my grandmother was a Stidham. It is a small world. Hope this is not too much info., Cliff