| Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com |

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gram Parsons's "Blue Eyes". Help!
Gerald Menke

Stormville NY, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 6:34 am    

Dang that Jay Dee Maness. One of my bands is covering this excellent GP tune, and try as I might I cannot figure out what he's doing on the kickoff or his solo, or much else for that matter. I mean I can play something that sounds "like" it but not "it". Any kind soul out there know of any tab for this cool song? Thanks so much for taking time to read my post!

Gerald
Chris Forbes

Beltsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 6:46 am    

His playing on that whole album is a humdinger.
Jeff Lampert

queens, new york city
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 7:22 am    

Gerald, e-mail the tune to me as a .mp3 attachment. I'll listen and see if I can help. By the way, where in Bklyn do you live? We probably are close. I'm right off the Woodhaven Blvd. exit of the LIE. .. Jeff
Gerald Menke

Stormville NY, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 8:26 am    

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for the kind offer, but I have no way to do that, as I don't have the right gear to do so. You'd laugh, I just taped the CD so that I could listen to it in my truck, which has a tape player only.

I live in Prospect Heights, near Grand Army Plaza, it's amazing how many steel players there are in Brooklyn now.
P Gleespen

Toledo, OH USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 8:49 am    

Well heck Gerald, I've got an mp3 of it, and I'll zap it over to Jeff for you. It's on the way!
Gerald Menke

Stormville NY, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 9:54 am    

Well thank you P! And thank you to Jeff for any time you can devote to it! Usually I can figure things out be ear pretty well, but that dang Jay Dee's right hand is not of this world. This one stumped me. Maybe one day I'll get that end of his break in "One Hundred Years" from "Sweetheart", but not without some tab, I fear. Ah the Forum, my favorite place on the Web.
Geoff Brown

Nashvegas
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 10:23 am    

As someone else pointed out, that whole record is great.
As far as emailing mp3s, I'm not able to do that, since my ISP has a limit on file size for outgoing. Sounds like others have no trouble. Hmmm...
Jeff Lampert

queens, new york city
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 10:34 am    

Thanks Patrick for the .mp3. Here's the intro. I'll try the solo later.

1_________________________________________________________________________________

2_________________________________________________________________________________
3____________________________________________________15b__15___13_~_15b___________
4____17__17__17_~_17______________________________________________________________
5______________________17______17_~_17a__17 ~ 17a____15a__15___13_~_15a___________
6____________17_~_17b_____17b_____________________________________________________
7________17_______________________________________________________________________
8____17___________________________________________________________________________
9_________________________________________________________________________________
10________________________________________________________________________________

1_________________________________________________________________________________

2_________________________________________________________________________________
3____15__13___10_~_10b____5__~_6__~_5b___4b_~_5b____3b_~_3______________________
4_________________________________________________________________________________
5____15__13___10_~_10a____5a_~_6a_~_5a___4a_~_5a____3a_~_3______________________
6_________________________________________________________________________________
7_________________________________________________________________________________
8_________________________________________________________________________________
9_________________________________________________________________________________

Gerald Menke

Stormville NY, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 10:42 am    

Dear Jeff,

Thanks a lot, that sure looks a lot like what I was trying yesterday, I'm sure what you've tabbed out there will actually sound like it! Thanks!

Gerald
Lawrence Lupkin

Brooklyn, New York, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2003 11:25 am    

Hey Gerald, Brooklyn and Queens ain't the same thing! Have some borough pride.
Chris Forbes

Beltsville, MD, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2003 2:36 am    

Hey Jeff, thanks!! I sat down with it last night. I MIGHT have been able to get it eventually on my own, but basically I'm a lazy person. So.....YOU DA MAN!!
Jeff Lampert

queens, new york city
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2003 2:59 am    

I'm lazy too. I didn't do the solo yet. I'll try to get to it later this week.

------------------
[url=http://www.mightyfinemusic.com/jeff's_jazz.htm]Jeff's Jazz[/url]